• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay without Clean/Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay without Clean/Polish

This is what I plan to do this year (all by hand):

After the winter, I will do the whole 6-step program: Wash-Clay-Clean-Polish-NXT-#21.
    For the rest of the year, I will just do Wash-NXT or Wash-Cleaner Wax-NXT.

Question: Is it worth to Clay and go directly to Wax, without Clean and Polish?

Re: Clay without Clean/Polish

There are lots of factors involved.

You may need to clay a lot, or you may not. If you fee lthe paint is dirty, you might want at least a cleaner/wax and wax. Or if you are able to keep up wit hwashing, maintaining pretty well, just a wax might be fine.

Really just have to take it day by day, and see what the car is like when you go to work on it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Like Matt said, there are a lot of factors. If your car needs to be clayed. As evident by the amount of bonded contaminants on your clay, then you would probably be wise to use a paint cleaner. Conversely if you are not pulling off a lot of contaminants, then you could skip this step.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

i would clay, everytime i debate skipping the clay step i do it anyways and manage to pull some bonded contaminants.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');