• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class vs. #26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class vs. #26?

OK, so I used Gold Class Liquid Wax tonight for the first time on my mom and dad's 2000 silver Honda Accord, and honestly, I didn't care too much for it. I used NXT 2.0 on my car about a month ago and I LOVED IT! Nxt was ridiculously easy to apply and remove, and it left a gorgeous shine! Surely a wax can't get much better than Nxt. But with Gold Class, it seemed that it was more gloppy in the areas where it was first applied, and thinner around the rest of the panel. Like it didn't spread around very well. Keep in mind that I was only using a pea-sized to dime-sized amound on my applicator pad. I've heard that it was harder to apply and remove, and I think I would agree. What I would like to know is, has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just me? Also, for anyone who has used #26, how does it compare with Gold Class or even Nxt, both application-wise, durability-wise, and "shine-wise" or "gloss-wise"? Or is it on a completely different end of the spectrum compared to other Meguiar's waxes? I don't think I'll go with Gold Class again, but I have heard very good raves about #26, and I was just curious how it performed. Thanks!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: Gold Class vs. #26?

I find Gold Class liquid a real to pleasure to use and looks great to my eyes. One of my favourite waxes to apply actually - IMO It has the right colour, texture, spread consistency, scent, etc etc.

But stick with what you like best.

Comment

It is which ever one you like better.
      My personal preference would be #26.
      I do not know exactly why, but I really like it.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

My personal preference is Gold Class Liquid Wax
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have always found NXT to have the best results... But that's just me. Question, how does NXT preform against #26? Which would be better with gloss, protection, ease of applying ect...?
          Some Say That It Is A Sickness, But I Just Ask 'Why Does It Feel Sooooo Good???'

Comment

Originally posted by Chesney09 View Post
            I have always found NXT to have the best results... But that's just me. Question, how does NXT preform against #26? Which would be better with gloss, protection, ease of applying ect...?
            To me, NXT and #26, give fairly different results. There is a lot of gloss with NXT, but I think #26 darkens the color some, with some of the natural waxes it contains. It's fairly easy to work with, but I do find it doesn't last nearly as long as NXT.

Comment

i love #26 ....Nxt is awesome ,i stopped using gold class awhile ago and have never looked back .....but i used to like it ,i just moved on i guess

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                OK, so I used Gold Class Liquid Wax tonight for the first time on my mom and dad's 2000 silver Honda Accord, and honestly, I didn't care too much for it.

But with Gold Class, it seemed that it was more gloppy in the areas where it was first applied, and thinner around the rest of the panel. Like it didn't spread around very well. Keep in mind that I was only using a pea-sized to dime-sized amount on my applicator pad. I've heard that it was harder to apply and remove, and I think I would agree. What I would like to know is, has anyone else experienced this? Or is it just me?
                Doesn't sound right.

Liquid Gold Class Wax, (made by the same chemists that made the NXT), spreads our easily when used correctly.

Next time, when you first start out, use more wax. Pour up to a teaspoon of wax on your applicator and then use a circular motion to spread it out and after you spread it out work it in and over the paint using a repeatable motion/technique that works for you. Go over each square inch 2-3 times before moving on and of course after your application the panel you've just waxed should have a thin, even coating over it.

When you first start out and your wax applicator pad is dry it's going to absorb some of the wax, so overcompensate when you first start out. Then after you've broken your applicator pad in, you can apply less wax, just enough to enable to you wax the panel/section at hand.

When Gold Class Wax is spread thin and evenly, then allowed to fully dry before removing, it will wipe off just as easy as any of our other waxes.

I think we just need to tweak your technique a litte...
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I agree that I have never had a problem applying or removing Gold Class. It's supremely easy to use.

Comment

The thing I like about Gold Class is that it is a polish/wax, so I always see a distinct use for Gold Class as compared to NXT. I use Gold Class for paint that needs a little help to look its best (e.g. my 1991 Holden Caprice which has slightly lower gloss factory paint than modern day cars), and NXT for new car paints that don't need to be overly dressed (e.g my 2006 Caprice).

Having said that, Gold Class looks quite good on my 2006 Caprice as well, but different to NXT.

Comment

I have never had a durability issue with any wax made by Meguiars. One of the biggest things i think factors in to how long your wax lasts is if your car is parked inside a warm garage or outside in the cold. Whether its the summer or the winter it seems like either way it plays a big role. I park my truck in my garage at night and its usually bewtween 65-70 degress all year long in there, and i have gotten NXT, Gold Class, and M26 to last at least four to six months.

On the other hand, theres the black work truck we have outside and i can still get 4 months out of M26 or GC if the surface is prepped right and it is washed often

theres a lot of factors that play into how long your wax lasts on your car anf theres not just one straight anwser you can give to everyone

just thought i would put that out there as i wanted to bring that up
                      Nick
                      Tucker's Detailing Services
                      815-954-0773
                      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Just another question, I was wondering if you were going to applay both NXT and #26, which you applied first? Nxt then #26 or #26 then NXT or doesn't it matter? I don't know, maybe it is just getting late and my mind is playing tricks haha who knows, thought I would ask...
                        Some Say That It Is A Sickness, But I Just Ask 'Why Does It Feel Sooooo Good???'

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');