• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer vs Professional Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer vs Professional Line

Hey everyone,

I am wondering why a lot of the products suggested and refrenced are the professional line products? Even when I have read or asked in the Consumer Line forum the answers are usually referencing the use of the Professional Line.

I have little to no experience with the Professional line and was wondering if there is that big of differnece. I have been using Meguiars products since before I owned a car and have really only been using the Consumer Lines. I have loved the results so have not ventured into the other lines.

My curiousity is due to the fact that if they are superior, I would like to use them instead.

As always thanks in advance...

Re: Consumer vs Professional Line

I'll attempt to answer this on a basic knowledge level.

There are others on here that will give you a more satisfactory answer, but if you don't have some experience with the use of a buffer or polisher, you could ruin your paint easily as some products in the Pro-Line are only for the use of buffer or polisher and not for hand application.

The Consumer products are just as good as the Professional, but there is a much wider scale and selection of products in the Professional Line, for many different purposes and applications. One is not superior over another.

Comment

The only "superior" one might be #7. Other than that, its just what fits your needs.

If you detail your cars a lot, buying in bulk can be handy. Also, the Consumer Line tends to be geared more for hand application.

Other than that, it is just a matter of what you are working on, and trying to accomplish. And with the new 2009 products, there are very strong cleaners in the Consumer Line as well now.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Our Professional Line is targeted at the Professional side of the industry, primarily for use in the refinishing industry, (body shops - fresh paint), and reconditioning industry, (detailing - cured paint).

Some of the products in our Professional line should only be applied using a rotary buffer while all the paint care products in our Consumer Line can be applied by hand, DA Polisher and Traditional Orbital Buffers.

Our Consumer Line is of the same high quality as our Professional Line but the Consumer Line tends to be easier to use and more geared towards hand and orbital polishers.

You can get professional quality, show car results with either line as long as you're using good technique as well as using the right product in the right order for the job.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');