• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather starting to look nice, time to detail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather starting to look nice, time to detail!

Looking to put an order into ADS here the beginning of next week or so and I am looking for a couple of opinions. I am getting into the DA Polisher side of life and am going to pick up the Meguiar's G110 Dual-Action Polisher Speed Kit and some #26 and looking at getting some #07 also. So here's my question - After applying #80 is it ok to use #07 then put 1 or 2 coats (would 2 be better??) of NXT Tech Wax 2.0 then 2 coats of #26 on (Allowing 10-12 hours between each coat of tech wax and #26 of course)? Or shouldn't I think of #07... Having a Dark Grey F-150 with light swirls and very hard to see little scratches that shouldn't be to hard for the #80 in the kit to get out, I want the color to stand out beyond belief and heard great things about 07, 26 and NXT. I currently use the NXT paste when I detail and love the way that it brings out the shine so combining the 3 should bring it our even more right?

Here are the plans for the detail:
    Wash with Gold Class wash
    Clay
    #07?
    1 or 2 Coats of NXT Tech Wax 2.0 (Should I go with 1 or 2 coats of NXT?)
    2 Coats of #26
    BlackWOW the Trim
    Meguiar's Hot Shine Tire Protectant for the tires
    and Poorboy’s World Wheel Sealant for the wheels.

As for the interior, I keep it spotless the way it is, but:
    Quick Interior Detail the dash, doors, and middle console
    vacume
    Using my Little Green Machine Proheat Turbo on the carpet.
    Invisible Glass Cleaner for windows and windshield

Sorry for such a long Thread haha, just wanted to get my main point of questions acrossed and see if I should add anything or subreact anything from my proposed plan of the detail. Thanks for all opinions... Ryan
    Some Say That It Is A Sickness, But I Just Ask 'Why Does It Feel Sooooo Good???'

Re: Weather starting to look nice, time to detail!

Yeah, the #7 would be optional. You can always try applying it to one panel and see if you see any difference. Or even some DC#2 if you already have it.

4 Coats of wax is a bit much. 1 of Nxt and 1 of #26 would be fine, or just two of one wax.

Maybe you just want mix and match a couple panels for your first time, see what looks best, or tape off a couple squares on the hood after the #80 and try the different combos.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It does sound a bit much, but I wasn't sure if more depth would be brought out if an additional application of either one or both could be achieved or not.
      Some Say That It Is A Sickness, But I Just Ask 'Why Does It Feel Sooooo Good???'

Comment

sounds like you have a good plan of attack, and as for the wax maybe do two coats of NXT 12 hours apart from each other and then do one coat of M26

good luck
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');