• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this be a good way to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be a good way to go

I have a 2006 Scion xB that is salsa red. The finish has swirls form the brush at the DIY coin op wash and a harsh MN winter. Here is my plan of attack, if something should be changed let me know.
    1. Wash with gold class
    2. Clay bar (megs)
    3. swirl x using a porter cable DA polisher with a W8207 pad
    4. Colorx applied with another w8207 pad
    5. topped off with NXT 2.0 applied by hand (paste)
    I am wondering if the color x would be to much or would help with swirls after the swirl x. Or should I pick up a polish such as DC polish or New car glaze. Thanks.

Re: Would this be a good way to go

No real need for ColorX in that detail, but it is a good product for quick details later on.

ColorX + Nxt is always good.

A pure polish would be optional after the SwirlX, since SwirlX is a cleaner/polish itself. If you wanted one, #7 Show Car Glaze or DC2 would be the ways to go.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Javastan-

Like Murr mentioned, ColorX is most likely not going to be needed, BUT that is a call you are going to have to make then with the use of a test spot.

Depending on the severity of the swirls, and the hardness of your paint, the ColorX may, or may not add a noticeable difference after the SwirlX treatment.

Meguiar's preaches using a test spot, either 1x1 or 2x2 sqaure feet and do your entire desired process on that spot. Then check it in the sun, and decide if that will deliver the results you want before you do the entire car.

I would try 2 test spots and do SwirlX on both, and then ColorX on one (after the SwirlX). Compare them side by side and see if you want to do ColorX on the entire car.

Good luck!

Comment

thanks and good to know. The swirls are light, I think I will do the test spot with the colorx. Besides the swirls the paint still shines well and isn't dull and has good reflection. According to my wife I have a sick obsession with keeping my car nice and clean.

Comment

Originally posted by javastan View Post
          .....According to my wife I have a sick obsession with keeping my car nice and clean.

Your in good company
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
            Your in good company
            Haha, so true...

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
              Your in good company
              Amen.