• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dust repellent ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dust repellent ?

I too feel as if the wax somehow attracts dust...by my observations...my new car which is a GTR that I have fully detailed and waxed...left it outside for a night, usually it is parked in the garage.

GTR....lot of dust was on it and it looked very dirty

Quest (my van always parked outside)....Not as dusty and I do not wax my van

Seems like the wax might be the thing attracting the dust some1 should do a study if wax attracts dust or not? These statements are made after my personal observations.

Does any1 have solutions to his except for car cover as they can lead to scratches anyways I park my car in my garage but still would like to know if there is a product that somehow repells dust from your car would be an amazing product to prolong that show car shine...here in SoCal dust is more of a problem then water is....

Comment

You got a GT-R!!!!!! you are so lucky! I love that car, if i had that i would always be like

Comment

lol yea, btw what do you drive if I may ask?

Comment

I just drive an 07 civic ex, nothing special at all but it gets good gas.......wanna trade

Comment

No thanks, I drive the quest and my 240SX most of the time...Oh I so hate it when I went to my friends house with my GTR. I just detailed it a day before and when I got there and parked his sprinklers got all over my car and left a bunch of water spots ghez....they **** and so does dust.

Comment

I have heard on other forums that waxed car attract more dust.. can ppl confirm or is this a myth??? and if yes- why??

Comment

Dang! it was worth a shot I know what you mean with the sprinklers though i just had that happen to me the other day! And now dust isnt my problem now im getting pollen, anyone know if the ca. duster with work any good against that? Oh, and if its not to personal a question for ya, what do you do to afford such an awesome car??? lol

Comment

Originally posted by JTOWN View Post
                  I have heard on other forums that waxed car attract more dust.. can ppl confirm or is this a myth??? and if yes- why??
                  My car seems to attract more dust quicker since using NXT Tech Wax 2.0.
                  PlastX (G12310), ColorX 1.0 (G11816), ScratchX 1.0 (10307), NXT Tech Wax 2.0 (G12718), Ultimate Quik Detailer (G14422), Supreme Shine Protectant (G4016), Smooth Surface Clay Kit (G1016), Gold Class Rich Leather Wipes (G10900), Quik Interior Detailer Wipes (G13600)

Comment

well someone needs to setup an experiment. I've got one in mind. Get a clear lexan box with a fan in it ( so dust doesn't settle) get a piece of painted metal, wash it, clay it, and seal it with different waxes, and leave on spot un-sealed. See which one has the most dust...
                    Newb!

Comment

you should actually do that if you could! Then there would finally be an answer to this

Comment

and post the results, keen to understand the cocept behind this.. i based this on my mum's car and mine.. not at touch of love on her car and my car get the brunt of the dust by sitting at home all day as i catch a bus to work...

Comment

It also might be just us...like my sister has a black Camry and it ***** she never ever washes it...so I try to be nice and detail her car I Did a 50/50 to see the difference. And asked her how it looks and she was like "whats with all those scratches...." and I say "that was how you car looked the other side is what I did"....by this I mean that sense are cars are always in near perfection condition the slightest mess, dirt or filth cause it took stand out like a sore thumb and make it look worse....IDK if this makes sense but I still do believe that the wax is attracted more dust. Is there any relationship with static electricity and dust attraction or anything?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 2high2aim View Post
                              It also might be just us...like my sister has a black Camry and it ***** she never ever washes it...so I try to be nice and detail her car I Did a 50/50 to see the difference. And asked her how it looks and she was like "whats with all those scratches...." and I say "that was how you car looked the other side is what I did"....by this I mean that sense are cars are always in near perfection condition the slightest mess, dirt or filth cause it took stand out like a sore thumb and make it look worse....IDK if this makes sense but I still do believe that the wax is attracted more dust. Is there any relationship with static electricity and dust attraction or anything?
                              well I noticed the other day after I UCD'd the whole car that my paint was staticy. Most likely from the MF?
                              Newb!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');