• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct me if i am wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct me if i am wrong

I know I have spoke about my car, but looking at doing something or anyting to my mums car..

Toyota Camry 98 - no clear coat and paint looks like it's on the single stage..

Apart from the usual, wash and clay..DC2 and wax...

Would ColourX be a great tool or is there something else i can do..???

The paint is looking harsh and with a cat, there are claws and scratches that are to deep for ScratchX to work...

Re: Correct me if i am wrong

ColorX is milder than ScratchX. ColorX is also a cleaner/wax, while SwirlX is a cleaner/polish, and ScratchX (1.0 & 2.0) and Ultimate Compound are cleaners.

If all you want to do is "something" for the moment, then Wash, Clay, ColorX, Wax would be perfectly fine.

If you want to try to get at some of the swirls, then SwirLX, ScratcHX 2.0, Ultimate Compound would be what you would need. But deep scratches could be to deep for those products as well.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

After browsing this forum and see the results of Ultimate Compound, I might stay away from that.. I will have a crack at the Scratch X and see how that goes, but yeah I may try the Colour X and DC2 with NXt 2.0.. will post pic this time as it's going to be a long day..

Not that she cares about it or would notice the diffence..bah..

Thanks Murr1525...but would the ColourX make much difference seeing as the car is almost gone...

Comment

your wrong!

haha jk I say go with what murr said, and always stick to like mike always says, do a test spot first to make sure you will get the desired result.

Comment

check out this thread with Mike Phillips, it has over 43,000 views!

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

damn but the Bronco aint got nothing on my mums car.. is 98's model and never had a wax job in it's life not any other protection apart from the factory, if that was ever done..

but hey.. keen to see what happens..

is ColourX a WOWO product???

Comment

No, ColorX is a cleaner/wax, so you would work it into the paint, then let it dry like a wax.

Comment

If both your cars need some cleaning, can you get SwirlX in your area yet? I forget if you found it or not.

Comment

Ok cool thanks mate..cant wait to try it out..

What is SwirlX - my car has no swirls at all and it in top coniditon apart from ethiching going through to clear coat, which can only be seen in particular light on an angle..

Mums car is screwed to all hell..Swirls RIDS and Scratches and no clear coat at all..single stage...

Comment

If it is a singlestage paint i would clay it and then use Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner.
                    Followed by DC Polish and then wax it !

I once did a testspot on a 1988 VW Golf to see if it would help to remove oxydation and this was the result!

I turned it from this

To this !

It was done with a rotarybuffer and M84,M83 AND M80 .

Comment

@JTOWN: if your doing this by hand, I would suggest by try using swirl X first, if that doesnt work then go with scratch X.. and follow it up with a wax of Gold class or NXT 2.0

@geert dr: wow cool result on that golf.. from a faded to glowing colour
                      Ganesa,
                      Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Thanks Ganesa.. but as far as I heard, ColorX would be strongerthat swirl X and scratch X....and hence why i was going down that path.. as you mentioned.. I am terrible with machines and would be doing everything by hand...

Comment

Originally posted by JTOWN View Post
                          Thanks Ganesa.. but as far as I heard, ColorX would be strongerthat swirl X and scratch X....and hence why i was going down that path.. as you mentioned.. I am terrible with machines and would be doing everything by hand...
                          SwirlX is going to be more aggressive than ColorX
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');