• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pinstipes and wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinstipes and wax

I am getting ready to wax somebodys truck that has factory pinstripes and logos. Do you wax over these or just around them. I really don't want to tape them off.
    Any suggestions. Thanks

edit: this will be done by hand, no PC or anything real aggressive over them.

I usually wax over the logos on my beater car with no problems so far, but I would be careful doing it in someone else car.

Comment

automag,

I would suggest you come as close the pinstripping as possible without hitting it. If you do it's no big deal because you're working by hand, but I would still try to avoid it. I know a PC or rotary can take pinstripes off if you're not careful. I dont think waxing the pinstripe would be of any benefit anyway.

Hope this helps.

Chris
      Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

If you wax over your pinstripping and get the wax buildup along the edge, you can take a toothpick and run it down the edge. Use to do it on a older vehicle and it worked great. I got a detailing brush with a tip on the end of it that is rubber for getting inside the cracks on the interior, but not sure how well it works on the exterior, but you might feel more comfortable doing that than you would with a hard tip such as the toothpick. Just be careful not to apply to much pressure to.

Goodluck.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');