• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

80 and 83 go strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 and 83 go strange

Hi, I was putting 80 on my car with DA. It was in the middle of hot day and there were some products' prints or stain. I can not remove it with another 80 or even paint cleaner, last touch. How can I remove the stain?
    "Does it come in black?" Bruce Wayne / Batman Begins

Re: 80 and 83 go strange

Pics please
    It's hard to figure out what your talking about and pics will tell the story for you

Comment

Originally posted by Batmobile View Post
      Hi, I was putting 80 on my car with DA. It was in the middle of hot day and there were some products' prints or stain. I can not remove it with another 80 or even paint cleaner, last touch. How can I remove the stain?
      What are you working on?

Single stage paint or clear coat?

Can you try again with the M80 on a cool surface?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

clear coat.. hmm try to do it again when it is cool.. I'll try it again then... thanks Mike..

The stain is just like water spots but it's 80 spots. I can rub it with my finger and it's peeling off. I'll try to use 80 again in the morning

THanks

Comment

You probably didn't work the 80 long enough.. I've had that happen in both hot and cold weather... if you apply just a small amount of M80 to an already primed pad and work the surface for a LONG time, it should come off... by long time I mean 10-15 passes on a 18x18" area
          Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
          Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Usually when a product leaves a stain as described, like a water drop or water spot, it's usually because the product sat on the finish and then affected the paint in that area.

I don't know if that's the case here but a best practice is to apply your choice of product and then begin working it right away, don't let it sit and dwell on the paint.

If you get splatter on the paint, wipe it off also.

Stains or etchings like this sound to be are topical and in most cases can be removed if they're not too deep, simply re-clean the area and remove some of the surrounding paint till the surface is level.

Always work clean...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi, I have tried to work on my car again with 83.. it's very nice.. no swirls.. and it had a problem in one panel only.. I solved the problem by spraying last touch first on the paint before working on them.. works well.. I happen couple times when the product is too dry when I was working with them, last touch became handy..

By the way I have a question, for one circle of product on the DA polisher 7inch pad, how many times I can put the product on the area?

so after I pour the product in circle on the pad, how many times I should put the pad and the products? in what size?

Comment

Originally posted by Batmobile View Post
                Hi, I have tried to work on my car again with 83.. it's very nice.. no swirls.. and it had a problem in one panel only.. I solved the problem by spraying last touch first on the paint before working on them.. works well.. I happen couple times when the product is too dry when I was working with them, last touch became handy..

By the way I have a question, for one circle of product on the DA polisher 7inch pad, how many times I can put the product on the area?

so after I pour the product in circle on the pad, how many times I should put the pad and the products? in what size?
                You put the product on the pad (at first you should put a bit more product, probably 2-4 circles about 1/2" apart coming towards the center, and later just on circle about 1" in from the edge is fine... talking about 6.5" pads) then spread the product onto an area that's no more than 24"x24" (I usually work in about 18x18 sections)... you spread the product with the machine off, then again with machine on and low speed, like 3... after it's spread well you will go to speed 5-6 and 'work' the product over the entire area for a few minutes, usually 8-10 passes minimum... a pass is considered moving up and down while moving from one side of the work area to the other... after that just wipe off and repeat by again putting polish, and doing the same thing on different area
                Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
                Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');