• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dots of yellow paint on interior , removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dots of yellow paint on interior , removal?

I've found 2 dots of bright yellow (appears to be paint), one on a vinyl/plastic coated leather seat and one on a very soft-surface (scratches easily) dash piece. They are about the size of * and stand out quite well.

I've tried leather cleaner and spray detailer w/ a MF to no luck. Fingernail isn't really working either.

I'm not sure of course what kind of paint it is (was there when I got it), so I'm at a loss on how to remove it without damaging the surface it is on. In the overall, I'd rather leave it than damage the surface if that makes sense.
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Re: Dots of yellow paint on interior , removal?

Plastic Razor Blades
    APC
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Can always try clay, if you can pull the material relatively tight.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Can always try clay, if you can pull the material relatively tight.
        Haven't thought of that one, I just finished claying it so I do have a little left, I'll give that a shot.

Also on the APC, I just got some APC+ on Friday and are plastic razor blades available in local stores? I don't think I've ever seen one.

thanks!

Comment

Well.. It is just something to try...

Hardware stores might have them, or a PBE store. Some have squared edges though, like a credit card, and some have more of a sharp edge.

Comment

A Corvette Mike and Lynn Phillips detailed, Lynn used I think a Non - Acetone paint remover to remove a badly done paint of the leather seats.

She did not recommend doing it as the chemicals in paint removers are really harsh and could damage leather, but she did what we all do.....Test spot!

Here's the original Thread: It's an awesome thread to boot!

1999 Corvette

Here's Lynn Phillips answer on post #47

1999 Corvette, post #47

Again, it was a harsh way to clean the seats, but they turned out awesome to me anyways.

Test spot.

A Marine I work with uses Shaving Cream to remove the old shoe polish from his boots when he re-polishes them....., squirts it on, rubs it in and wipes off. I thought he was pulling my leg. I haven't tried it yet, I just add layers to my boots! Captain hasn't yelled at me yet.....!
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I managed to get the spot off the seat with the clay idea, thank you. However it would not touch the paint on the textured, VERY soft interior panel material.

Comment

Do you mean soft like flexible?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');