• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multi-day project question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-day project question

I might be working on a friends '64 Impala this coming weekend. It is going to have to be a done over several days.

My question is how to care for the vehicle during the off time, and prep the vehicle for the next time I need to work on it.

Here's the probable scenario: Pick up Thursday afternoon -- wash/scrub real clean. Clay and clean paint (#83) all day Friday. Polish Saturday. Wax and detail trim/chrome on Sunday.

The vehicle will need to be parked outside when not being worked on. I don't have a very good car cover (generic), and I'm not even sure it would fit, as the Impala is longer than either of my personal vehicles.

It's been relatively cool at my locale, but am near the ocean, if that helps answer my question.

Thanks for the help!

Hi magnus,

As long as you are performing all of these processes over 4 consecutive days, you should be able to use a quick detailer at the start of each day to remove any accumulated light dust and other airborne contaminants and then start right back up where you started.

If you can get the car cover to fit, and it's clean, then that would be a good option also, but you're right, the 1964 Impala is around 18' long.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I assumed that the QD would do the trick, but wanted to make sure, and see if there were any other suggestions.

Thanks Mike!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');