• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrong application of NXT Spray Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong application of NXT Spray Wax?

Did I do something wrong?

I tried to use NXT Spray Wax and it came out all wrong
    Please tell me what I did wrong.

I sprayed it on, let it dry and then I couldn't get it off!
    I even tried my buffer and it made it so bad.

Is this right?

I tryed to wipe it off but...

I'm not sure why this happend! I broke out my buffer and just M105ed it.

Re: Wrong application of NXT Spray Wax?

Spray that wax on a foam applicator and apply it so thinly that you can hardly see it. You will then find it easy to buff off.

Usually when you apply a wax too thickly it will be hard to remove. If this ever happens again try to apply some more and it will re-dissolve the wax and allow you to spread it more thinly.

That said, I would recommend the new Ultimate Quik Wax. I believe this is a better wax product for ease of use and looks.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

This is the same problem i have with nxt spray wax. Only used it 4 times, only the second time i could successfully remove the wax.

I think the problem is not the thickness of the wax applied but the wax that directly touches the paint that cannot be removed

what i did was i applied the wax again on top and then quickly removed it when still wet or right after you remove the wax, apply UQD to remove the rest.

i will keep an eye on this thread for other solutions so that i can use it properly

Comment

April fools!
        Only got one of you!
        Originally posted by jfelbab View Post
        Spray that wax on a foam applicator and apply it so thinly that you can hardly see it. You will then find it easy to buff off.

Usually when you apply a wax too thickly it will be hard to remove. If this ever happens again try to apply some more and it will re-dissolve the wax and allow you to spread it more thinly.

That said, I would recommend the new Ultimate Quik Wax. I believe this is a better wax product for ease of use and looks.
        I agree with you about UQW.
        The NXT has allot more wax than UQW.
        They both have there place in schem of things.

Originally posted by tincan View Post
        This is the same problem i have with nxt spray wax. Only used it 4 times, only the second time i could successfully remove the wax.

I think the problem is not the thickness of the wax applied but the wax that directly touches the paint that cannot be removed

what i did was i applied the wax again on top and then quickly removed it when still wet or right after you remove the wax, apply UQD to remove the rest.

i will keep an eye on this thread for other solutions so that i can use it properly
        I removed the NXT with Ultimate Detailer with no problem. I was just messing around.
        This and another kind of wax, spray, past or liquid needs to be applied with an applicator and also with a light touch with no heavy film. So your right about the thickness. Hope that solves your problem.

Comment

i was gonna say, M105?
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Sooooo, this is your idea of an April Fools' joke, eh? Shame on you! Very funny, very funny!

LOL! Don't scare us like that! You know we can't handle that kind of stress!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

It just came to me when I did sprayed a little spot then I did the whole side! It made me laugh so I thought it would do the same to everyone else! Hee, hee!

Comment

LOL you got me! I was interested in tryin that stuff out till you posted that and I was like WTF?!?!? Im not sure I want to try it now...HAHA

Comment

Good one, Mario. You got me.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');