• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Mistake Need dvice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Mistake Need dvice

I forgot about my various Meguiars products in my shed all winter. Will this destroy the usability or should these product be ok?

Thanks for your advice.

Dick

Re: Dumb Mistake Need dvice

Mike P will have to come in on this.
    But I would say I probably ruined them.
    I believe the General test to see if the product is still usable is, shake it up well.
    Then pour is on sometime that will not absorb it, and let it sit.
    If it separates then it is bad.
    I may be wrong though.
    Someone else will chime in.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

It really depends on the product. Protectants, polishes, and paint cleaners will go bad if frozen.

For the sprays, go ahead and shake them up. If it is chunky or has very small chunks, then it has gone bad.

For the protectants, polishes, and paint cleaners, give them a good shake. If they it sounds like water, it has gone bad. Some will get very chunky or turn a different color, too.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll check them out.

Comment

For sure any Quicktime Detailer is done. I have a bottle left in my wifes car over the winter and now its full of little white specs that appear when you try to rub it off the paint. Must have separated from the freezing.

Pat.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');