• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dryer sheet transfer to your MF towels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryer sheet transfer to your MF towels?

OK so I've seen people say on here that they wipe down the dryer with a clorox cleaning cloth or some other cleaner to prevent chemicals transferring to clothing and such.

So that got me to wondering. If you use Dryer Sheet fabric softener on you laundry all the time would you end up transferring some of the residue from inside the dryer to your MF towels? If you wipe your dryer down with anything before drying MF towels what do you use? Just plain water?

TIA
    Sam

Re: Dryer sheet transfer to your MF towels?

I've never worried about wiping down the washer/dryer.

I wash my towels with Tide and if really dirty or heavy wax removal, throw some Dawn dish soap in there for giggles.

Then, dry in the dryer with no dryer sheets.....
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

never had a problem with that transfer, towels always very static like, also never a smell of fabric softner at all, I do have a water softner in my house, so usualy also cleans up all remaining detergents or whatever out of wash
      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Never have noticed any transfer at all. I just throw the m/f in the dryer. Dry on medium. Never had a problem.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Same here, never thought about it or had a problem. I never wiped down the dryer drum or washing machine.

I use Microrestore detergent, and that seems to clean up the towels nice. For heavily caked mf towels I used to buff with, I usually soak and hand wash before putting in the washing machine with other mf towels.

Comment

I can't believe no one here has admitted to detailing the interior of their dryer

Comment

Yeah i think it is more what you prefer and if it makes you feel safer. I havent had a problem

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Originally posted by Nappers View Post

I only wondered curiously not worryingly. Mostly because I had some cheep microfibers that just did not work well, and I was ruling out the possibility that I was doing something to them to make them crappy.

Originally posted by wyseilmykkar View Post
                I can't believe no one here has admitted to detailing the interior of their dryer
                You know someone has.
                Sam

Comment

I air-dry my towels. Take the whole dryer sheet thing out of the equation!

Comment

I admit, I use some costco baby wipe's to the dryer drum prior to using the dryer just to make sure there's no left over residue from the fabric softner sheets my wife uses. I don't know.......call me crazy, but it makes me feel good

Comment

Originally posted by wyseilmykkar View Post
                      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                      --Al Kimel

Comment

Before it throw my MF towels into the dryer I take a big, clean, bath towel and get it sopping wet. Then I throw it into the dryer for a few minutes. It will pick up any dust or threads that may be lurking in the dryer. It's amazing how much lint it seems to pick up. And I do clean the traps, inside the door, and all the exhaust pipes regularly.

Comment

I am scared to use older MF on my paint. I know I have a sickness, but I use only new MF towels when detailing my car. The older (washed) MF towels get retired to wheel and interior duty.
                          -James
                          2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

Comment

I honestly have never thought of that, but my MF's seem fine to me.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');