• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretreatment question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretreatment question

For those of you that use pre treatments before your 2 bucket wash, can you just use a normal soap solution and use a foamer, or do products designed for pretreatment do that much better? I'm doing a couple of cars for a local car lot, and with sitting out in the elements near a very busy local road, there seems to be alot of brake dust fallout on them. I'm looking for a pre treatment solution, but not wanting to spend the crazy money on some of the products that I see online, if I can just use something I already have onhand.

thanks!!
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

An idea I got from a member on another site...

For around $10 you can buy one of these as a soap dispenser.

It doesn't make foam but you can dial in the proper ratio of soap to water and spray/pretreat/presoak the vehicle. I use Meguiar's Gold Class carwash, and rinse as a touchless wash and rinse for the pollen and light dust.

Comment

Re: Pretreatment question

I was going to get a pump type sprayer, I appreciate the response. Have you noticed any adverse effects from using the Gold soap as a pre treat? Did you notice that it helped?
      Fergy-

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
        I was going to get a pump type sprayer, I appreciate the response. Have you noticed any adverse effects from using the Gold soap as a pre treat? Did you notice that it helped?
        Meg's Gold Class Car Wash is very mild to wax and the entire vehicle when used in proper dilutions.
        Only adverse affects I can see is spraying too much of a large vehicle with soap and not rinsing ALL the soap off completely before it dries.

Benefits are a much faster wash job and much less dirt and grit on the surface before I touch it with a wash mit since im sure some contaminants sheet off with the soap. I can rinse, spray soap, rinse, blow dry and blot dry my F150 Supercrew in 30 minutes or less.

Comment

are you a frequent car washer? how often are you using a wash mit with your wash? I'm lookin for some insight that this really helps loosen up some more stubborn contaminents that might be on a car from sitting out for a while...
          Fergy-

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
            are you a frequent car washer? how often are you using a wash mit with your wash? I'm lookin for some insight that this really helps loosen up some more stubborn contaminents that might be on a car from sitting out for a while...
            Frequent compared to what or who?

Normally I try not to wash more than 1 time a week with a wash mit if it doesn't rain but during the pollen season I have to rinse frequently or it kills my nose.

What I have learned is that a properly prepared surface will repel most stubborn contaminants if not left too long on the surface. Once it's baked on or the surface has no protection (wax or poly) you will have to mechanically (hand or machine) remove them.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');