• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Following M07 with NXT/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following M07 with NXT/21

I seem to have had trouble in the past removing NXT/21 after I have previously applied m07. The wax seemed to have streaked or not wiped off properly. Is this something that others have experienced or is it another factor where I probably did not wait long enough for the wax to dry.

Any other opinions on what your prefer as your lsp following m07?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: Following M07 with NXT/21

Andrew, I had a similar problem but done properly is a fantastic combo. Apply the NXT very thin, and when you think you've given it enough time to dry add at least another half hour to that. Maybe even more. Swipe your finger and make sure all the wax comes off. If it doesn't, just keep waiting. Yes it can be frustrating but the end result is so worth it.

Comment

Ok I just weasn't sure if M07 needed to only be followed by a carnauba and not by a synthetic, because I have only had problems when i follow it with a synthetic.

Thanks!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Andrew are you sure you're removing/wiping M07 correctly? Mike Phillips had a good post regarding the application of M07, in that it never dries like the usual wax/sealant, rather dries in layers... meaning it will dry,but when you wipe off what has dried from the top, it's still there and starts drying again at a different layer... depending on how thin you applied it, this happens 3-5 times before you've removed enough to be able to seal/wax it...

If the problem is in fact with NXT/21, just follow directions and you should be fine... definitely have to let it dry long enough, but not too long as it's very hard to remove... I haven't used the new or old 21 over M07, but NXT 2.0 has given me great results over M07.

Just try it out a few more time on a few areas and see what technique works best...
        Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
        Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');