• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Urgent Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Urgent Question

I am washing my soft buff 2.0 polishing pads in the washing machine at this moment (after a full day of polishing--I am exhausted!!!). I need them ready for tomorrow morning. How do I dry them? air dry? dryer?

How do you pros do it? I spent 12 hours today washing, claying, taping, and polishing my car. I only finished 2/3 of the car. I have no idea how you guys do it. My hat is off to you!

Al
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: Quick Urgent Question

Put them in between two microfiber towels and squeeze to get the water out.
    Not Recommended but just spin on the G110, or do a knock off of Cleaning the Pad on the Fly, and turn it on and then put a microfiber underneath and spin.
    Or use an air compress and blow the water out.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Usually whenever I clean pads, after wringing them out and doing the microfiber method that carfire mentioned, I just leave them out over a wire rack. Theyre usually dry by the next day.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I think the microfiber squeeze will do the trick!
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Hi Al,

This should help you!

NEW* Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 Pads Review!!!

Andy
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

what if your dryer had a sweater rack? I think that would be good, on a very low heat.
            Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Here at Meguiar's we just throw them in the washing machine to wash them on the "Heavy Duty Cycle" with Tide detergent and when they're done in the washer they go right into the dryer on the "Normal Cycle".

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

That is cool!!
                I never knew they could go in the dryer.
                Joel
                Firefighter/EMT-B
                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                '99 F-150

Comment

Yeah, I dry mine too, even my older pads, only lost one backing plate and one is coming loose a little bit, but it's worn out.
                  Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I always put them in the washer (using Tide), then in the dryer at low heat. They are holding up pretty well, looking like new. I used to squeeze them and just let them dry for a few days. But that takes too long. I like to have them ready for when I need them!
                    2008 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 4.7L V8

Comment

I have the originals, 2.0 and even some LCC pads and I clean them all the same...
                      - wring them out in microfiber or terry towel
                      - prep wash with Dawn (apply, let reside, rub pad on itself, rinse with warm water--I have found this step ensures they are clean, especially w/ NXT 2.0 or M21)
                      - washer on regular or heavy cycle (warm,cold) w/ Tide
                      - dryer with terry cloth towel (towel seems to speed the drying) on Med/Low heat setting

Works great for me.
                      Have you diminished your abrasives today?
                      Wilson's Precision Detailing

Comment

great pointers people. duly noted and will use these to my advantage!
                        Meguiar's....top notch product for a top notch car!

Comment

Okay, this is going to sound crazy but, if I know the project is going to last more than a day I put my pads in a ziplock bag and put it in the fridge in the garage. Then the next day I pull them out about 20 min before use. I learned this trick from my father in law, he did it for paiint brushes and now I use for detailing. Then when my project is complete.....washer then dryer then back on the shelf. Hope this helps.
                          RG Curtis
                          U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');