• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Machine Sanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Sanding

I was wondering what would be the difference between using an air powered sander, and taking the pad and putting it on a DA? Please provide some good insight, seasoned vets...
    www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Re: Machine Sanding

Not a seasoned vet, (but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night).

I'm in the middle of wet sanding my car after paint, so I have a little experience. When I was studying for this project, I learned that a DA sander made for wet sanding has a 3/32 throw, and a DA sander for body work has 3/16 throw. Not sure what the throw is on a PC or G110, but it's way too big.

I got a Dynabrade Spirit 3220 FG sander, and it's working great. I have been using 1500 by hand to take care of defects, and then following it up with 2000 and 4000 Mirka Abralon on the sander. 4000 is almost not worth doing, but it makes the polishing go a lot easier. Since I waited way too long to do this, I wanted the smallest scratches to polish out. It's still tough, believe me you want to do this within a few days, not 6 months later.

Comment

Re: Machine Sanding

Where did you get your Dynabrade Spirit 3220 FG sander? Is it air powered or elctric? How much did it cost? where can I find one?
      Thanks for the feedback
      www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');