• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Absorber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Absorber

Has anyone used "The Absorber"? My wife saw them at Wally World and picked one up. If anyone has used one, what are your thoughts on it? Does it work, did you like it, is it worth the effort? TIA for your input.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: The Absorber

is that the towel thing in the tube? I would stay away from it if that is what you are talking about, i'm sure everyone else will also tell you the same, just get a good quailty waffle weave drying towel.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

I have used it. It works well. Just be sure to blot the water, rather than wiping the Absorber across the paint surface.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

I have three of them and use them on every car I wash, including BMW's, Mercedes, Jaguar's, Corvette's and everything in between and have never had any problem with them.

I've never worried about them scratching any of the cars. Just make sure you wash after you use it and wet it down before you begin to use it.

I personally haven't found a towel that works better for me.

Ryan
        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

^ I completely agree, great towel and it works really well, also it does seem to work a little better when you wet it down before use like Ryan L. said, only other towel I like is the california drying towel at ADS

Comment

I guess it was just my own experience with my 01 CL, I coudln't touch the car with it because it would just cause problems all over the paint, it was always cleaned before every use also..
            Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

I think the Absorber works very well, as long as you keep it clean, and you have to use it wet (after you wring the excess water out) - if you try to use it dry, it won't work and you'll scratch the paint. I use either that, or a microfiber drying towel. Never had any problems with scratching with The Absorber.
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I am not a big fan of the absorber, I prefer to stick to Meguiars Water Magnets.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I only use Waffle Weave, Suede, and Large 6.5' Drying towels.

Not a fan of it either
                  Matt

Comment

I use the Absorber to get the majority of the water off and then follow with a Meguiars drying towel.
                    1992 Mustang 5.0L turbo notchback
                    1986 Merkur XR4Ti 2.3L turbo
                    1998 Explorer 5.0L

Comment

Personal experience is I use it and really like it. I use that for the majority and a water magnet for the rest. Never had an issue with scratches from it.

Andy
                      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Here is another fan of the absorber. I use it for every wash also. After using it for the initial wipe, I follow up with a water magnet for any remaining water. IMHO have not found a better or more efficient combo.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Used it for years with no problems.

Discovered the Meguiar's "Super Suede" drying towel 3 1/2 years ago and will never use ANY other product. Invest 10 bucks ... see for your self.

Harry
                          2004 Toyota Tundra Limited V8 Dark Met. Green

Comment

I bought the TurtleWax version of the absorber but I wasn't impressed with it. Used it once and returned to using water magnets. I use 4 of those after sheeting most of the rinse water off with my shop vac.

Comment

I use an Absorber to get the intial large amounts of water off the car after using the flooding method to sheet away excess. Follow up with a waffle-weave drying towel (California, Cobra, Meguiars, etc) and all done.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');