• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big pads vs. Little pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big pads vs. Little pads

who uses the bigger buffing pads on their rotary? who uses the smaller pads made for the DA? and why?
    www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Re: Big pads vs. Little pads

i use 5.5" orange LC pads and 6.5" LC blue, white, grey pads cause they came with the kit I got for xmas. I have the orange and white excel detailing 4" pads as well.

I like the smaller pads in smaller areas and tighter spaces so the pad can keep spinning and not just jiggle on my pc 7424.

I have a new 2.0 buffing and cutting 7" pad i got when I bought my 105 and 205.
    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
    2005 Honda CRF250R
    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I use a flex with large pads for the majority of the vehicle, and then use a 3" on my PC for tighter areas. I wish their was away to attach a 3" pad to my Flex. I never use a small pad on my rotary, because of the increased chance of burn through with the rotary.

Comment

I use 3in pads with my rotary and DA when I need to get into tight places. The license plate area, under the mirrior and under the trim of the window.
        But like 02zx9r said, " smaller pads in smaller areas and tighter spaces so the pad can keep spinning and not just jiggle on my pc 7424."

But when it comes to large areas, might as well use a large pad.

Comment

At my VoTech class we have the large pads that we use for everything. The package says first palce finish I think. I used them on this Mercedes and I'm detailing an ES 300 with those pads tomorrow.
          "Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. -Paul Newman
          "And now my friend, the first rule of Italian driving, what's behind me is not important" -Raul Julia

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');