• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug removal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug removal...

Ok, i got a question...

Nothing i have tried really works well at removing bugs. I have the Meguiars Classic Gold Bug and Tar remover, this is the worst meguiars product i have ever used, in my opinion it does nothing. The only thing that seems to work is Body Scrub, or a brush and some simple green...

So what do you guys suggest? I would really like to stay int he meguiars line.

Thanks!
    2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

I've had good luck with goof off be careful with this product. I've had really good luck with a product from lifter one Bug and tar remover link

As for the GC bug and tar...Worthless. I've tried the Detailer Line Body Solvent and that's a little better than GC not much though.

Good luck
    Last edited by scrub; Oct 9, 2004, 04:56 PM.

Comment

WisH I could find more of them. Turtle Wax made a towelette for bug removal. Still have a few left. But it removes bugs, etc.,, with very little effort. Better than any spray on I've ever used.

Comment

Try this, and see if it helps.........

Next time you wash the vehicle, wash the area with the bugs as you normally would. Then take a clean cotton towel, and apply some Gold Class Car wash full strength to the area with the bugs, and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Now come back with you wash mitt and some suds, and wash the area again. The car wash soap full strength will sometimes losen up the bugs for easier removal.

Of course, you will need to re-apply your protective coating to the area, as the car wash soap full strength will probably remove that too............ as would just about anything else strong enough to remove the bug stains.
        Boss_429

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');