• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can i do after new paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can i do after new paint?

Hi. I am going to get my car re-painted next week.

What can i do after it is painted to get it looking even better and how soon after it is painted can i do them. My car is Black

Dubbin it

Re: what can i do after new paint?

you shoould wait at least 30 days before any waxing or polishing... let the body shop who is painting your car go through their process of buffing... after thirty days i would put on a few coats of polish and lock it in with a few coats of sealant... make sure the body shop doesnt leave any swirl marks!! lazy painters
    www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Comment

Just to add to what Details posted. Ask the body shop for their recommended time frame for wax application. Depending on the paint system they are going to be using it may be 30 days all the way up 90 days before they recommend any waxing or sealing. When I had body work done on my 2002 WRX I was told to wait 90 days before appling any form of wax/sealant. Also most bodyshops are a production shop and don't get the paint swirl free unless it is a custom shop and they strive for perfection. My WRX had swirls all over the repaired areas on surrounding ones also. The reason for the wait time is to allow the paint to out gas all of the solvents to allow for a proper cure of the paint. These paint systems dry from the outside in so appling a wax/sealant to soon could prevent the paint from curing properly. You can wash the vehicle like normal just make sure you use the 2 bucket method with grit guards to help prevent instilling more swirl marks.If there is swirls in the paint you could use M80 speed glaze to remove them and add some protection to the paint while it cures. M80's protection will not prevent the paint from out gassing so it is safe to use after the vehicle is returned to you from the body shop. After you wait the recommended time frame for the paint system used you treat the paint as normal and can wash,polish,and wax/seal the paint as normal. Hope this helps you out.

Andrew
      2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

I was told my painter that it is OK to apply as much glaze as you want. It will feed the paint with oil and drken it while it cures (30-90 days).

Comment

As others said, let it cure. I recommend you contact the paint manufacturer (if they tell you) and see what THEY recommend for cure time.
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

From "Hot Topics"

Paint Needs to Breathe

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thank you guys.... i should be getting it painted this week!
              Dubbin it

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');