• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best wax to bring out sparkle/shine to a gold/tan/light cocoa color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best wax to bring out sparkle/shine to a gold/tan/light cocoa color?

I'm going to be working with a 2008 Hyundai Sonata in Golden Beige. It's sort of a cross between gold/light tan and a very light cocoa color. Large metallic flakes when the sun hits it. Which Megs wax would do the best job of bringing this as far out to 'pop' as you all would call it? I'm using UC/SWX to clean up the surface w/ the G110.

thanks!
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Re: Best wax to bring out sparkle/shine to a gold/tan/light cocoa color?

Are you going to clay the vehicle? That would be the first step, even if you are using Ultimate Compound and Swirl X. As far as you LSP, I would say NXT 2.0, or M21 would be your best bet. I've never heard any complaints about NXT 2.0 and personally use it regularly. It will even look better after the cure time is over.

Good luck and have fun doing it!

Andy M.
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Re: Best wax to bring out sparkle/shine to a gold/tan/light cocoa color?

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
      Are you going to clay the vehicle? That would be the first step, even if you are using Ultimate Compound and Swirl X. As far as you LSP, I would say NXT 2.0, or M21 would be your best bet. I've never heard any complaints about NXT 2.0 and personally use it regularly. It will even look better after the cure time is over.

Good luck and have fun doing it!

Andy M.
      Hi there

Yes I've already clayed and it's in the garage waiting for me to start on it this afternoon. I have Nxt 2.0 but didn't know if I should see about getting something like #26 perhaps because of the tan/gold coloring. Gives me an excuse to try the nxt I picked up a couple weeks ago. thanks
      2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');