• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tar spots and claying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tar spots and claying

Hello,

I've recently gone out and bought several Meguiars detailing products for the local halfords (priced at 3 for 2 ) Anyway, I've watched a fair few youtube video's advising what the best products would be so I decided to plumb for the clay kit with the spray and small bottle of wax, some foam pads, a few meguiar's microfibre towls plus some other odds and sods I wont bore you with.

Now when i came to claying my car I found it worked a treat except for tar spots. Some small ones came off quickly but others wouldn't budge for trying. I also tried T-Cut but didn't fancy rubbing so hard with an abrassive substance like that. Am I best going back with the T-Cut or getting something else?

Re: Tar spots and claying

Letting some Bug and Tar Remover sit on the bigger spots would likely be best, then washing and claying.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Try some 3M gun and equipment cleaner it works wonders in so many usages.
      roger

Comment

Tarminator from Stoner is the best tar remover I've ever used. Took some tar right off my car that had been on there for several years with no effort at all.

Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I have always had good luck with Gold Class Bug and Tar remover. Let it sit for a while 30 seconds is plenty. It should remove very easily then.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');