• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 + M26 Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 + M26 Question...

So.. I did a full detail on my S2000 this weekend.. Everything went great!!
    (it's a 2005, silverstone... always been hand washed using the 2bucket method, so baaaaarely any massive swirlage or cob-webbing... just a few miscellaneous fine-scratches here and there.. nothing major, or any regular everyday person can spot.. just stuff I know. LOL)

I ended up wrapping up my full day spent on my car, on saturday, with giving my car a single coat of M21.. unfortunately, as much as I wanted to leave her in the garage until I could follow up that coat, with a final coat of M26, I couldn't.. I had to drive about a 100miles for a family emergency.. When I ended up getting back home sometime yesterday (thankfully, everything with the family was alright.. false alarm), I quickly went to town on my car with some very delicious UQD.. used two seperate microfibers. One to wipe down the surface after I sprayed the UQD, and the other to buff off any additional residue, to leave a super clean glossiness to the finish

Now comes my real question.. I STILL really want to hit my car with a coat of M26, and really don't want to wait a whole other month or two, until I give my car a full detail day treatment.. lol..

Is it safe, for me to apply M26 to my car, of course, given that I UQD spray my car down first, to start with sort of a 'blank' and clean canvas..??

Here is how my detail day went:

-washed car (2bucket method, gold class shampoo/conditioner, wool wash mit)
    -clayed just about every smooth surface on my car (using the megs clay bar from the clay bar kit, and regular QD)
    -used DC1 paint cleaner as well, just as a precaution.. (applied with megs foam hand applicator, and removed using the two microfiber cloth technique)
    *noticed that because I was still hungover from the night before, I ended up taking a little more time prepping everything for a few good different polished I wanted to try out on some spots... but instead, almost ran out of time... hence, why I resorted to the next step*
    -hit the whole car with M07 Show Car Glaze, because as previously stated, I was starting to run out of time to detail my car, and really get rid of some of the cob-webbing and lighter scratches... instead, I decided to just hide them for the meantime using M07..lol (again, using my two microfiber cloth technique)
    -and finally, I topped it off with M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0

Doing just the above, made my car look PHENOMENAL. I mean, for a silver car, I've never seen my car look this good since I bought it brand new back in 2006! Actually, probably even better!

Just some friendly input and advice would help me out much!!!
    Thanks guys!

Re: M21 + M26 Question...

As long as the paint is clean you can apply the M26 without any problems.

Might want to read this first,

Topping NXT aka "How to top one type of wax with a different type of wax

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Like mike said as long as the surface is clean. Look at it this way your drive time allowed for the polymers in the 21 to set up properly haha

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
        Like mike said as long as the surface is clean. Look at it this way your drive time allowed for the polymers in the 21 to set up properly haha
        hahaha, exactly!! That's what I was thinking also

Thanks guys.. Lemme read through that link Mike posted, and I'll post up again if need be!

I'll also post pics tomorrow too

Comment

A suggestion from an "old waxer/detailer". On your silver S2000 you are not going to gain much (if anything) from applying #26 over #21. Drive your S2000 for week or so to get rested. Then give it a good wash and come back with another quick coat of #21. Now when you get "older/wiser", you will discover that on a silver (or white) vehicle an application of ColorX every 4-6 weeks is about as good as it gets.

Tom

Comment

As promised.. My before and after pics from this weekend's detail job on my car
            http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32746

Thanks again guys!!!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');