• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaning wool pad ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning wool pad ???

I just ordered Meguiar's double sided wool cutting pad (W5000) and cleaning spur.

I was wondering since this would be my only wool pad for a little while what is the best way to keep it clean? Is the spur enough to keep it clean? If I use it to polish steel or aluminum would the wool pad contain particles of the steel or aluminum that might scratch a painted surface when used later? Should I wait and get a dedicated wool pad for polishing steel and aluminum?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joseph
    "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
    Transporter 2

Re: cleaning wool pad ???

Dedicated pads for paint and dedicated pads for metal (I use my old paint pads for metal work). I couldn't stand the thought of taking one of my PC or Rotary pads that were used on metal and then polishing some paint. I'd think you'd be flirting with disaster as the pads never seem to come fully clean after metal polishing.

Comment

I think that I will just wait until I get a second wool pad before I polish any metal.

Thanks

Transporter 2

Comment

Definitely invest is a separate pad for metal polishing.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I received my W5000 today.

I noticed that the package stated;

"Clean wool pads frequently using a wool pad cleaning spur, compressed air, or machine wash."

I never knew that we could machine wash a wool pad. I remember the near beaten that wife almost gave me for machine washing her wool skirt. I still have nightmares.

Any special instructions to machine wash wool pads? How often can it be done?

Thanks

Transporter 2

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');