• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product for new silver metallic car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product for new silver metallic car

I am confused! I have a light colored car and would like that gloss-wet look.
    1. What wax do I use? Pinnacle Carnauba, NXT Tech Wax 2.0...or what?
    2. Do I only use NXT Tech Wax?
    3. Or do I put layer of carnauba on top of the NXT?
    Last edited by robert911; Apr 29, 2009, 07:22 PM. Reason: Got more information

Re: Product for new silver metallic car

You have to do the prep work to have a car really shine. The wax is only the finishing touch.

1. Wash - Gold Class, 2 buckets, quality sponges, towels.
    2. Clay - Smooth Surface Clay Kit
    3. Clean - If you want to keep it simple at first, pick up some ColorX.
    4. Wax - Nxt 2.0 would be hard to beat.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Product for new silver metallic car

Originally posted by robert911 View Post
      I am confused! I have a light colored car and would like that gloss-wet look.
      1. What wax do I use? Pinnacle Carnauba, NXT Tech Wax 2.0...or what?
      2. Do I only use NXT Tech Wax?
      3. Or do I put layer of carnauba on top of the NXT?
      From the questions I gather you read this:

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

To be honest, 90% of your finished product's look will be acheived in the prep stages. You can layer a $1500 wax over a dirty car and it will look crappy. You need to properly wash, clay, polish, and prep the surface before the application of your LSP (Last Step Product).

When choosing an LSP for your car what really matters is what looks best to your eyes. Complete the entire prep process and then lay a coat or two of NXT 2.0 on the car. Look at it for a week in different lighting conditions and from different angles. For most guys this is enough and looks satisfactory.

For the car crazy nuts like myself I wanted a particular look that is often difficult to acheive on metallic silver...a deep gloss with extreme liquidity. On my particular paint the NXT 2.0 did make the car look great with sharp reflections, tremendous optical clarity, and extreme reflectivity. The metallic flake never stood out so much before with any other single product.

When I layered the Pinnacle SSII over these layers of NXT, I was finally able to acheive the "wet look" I wanted but obviously at the expense of some of the muting of the metallic flake. I went through a bunch of different combinations before arriving at my desired level but I'm known to spend 50% of my time chasing that last 5%...

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');