• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SwirlX and Mirror Glaze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwirlX and Mirror Glaze

I've been wanting to try Meguiars Mirror glaze,But is it redundant to use SwirlX and then use Mirror Glave over it??

Re: SwirlX and Mirror Glaze

Mirror Glaze is the name of the Professional line of products....

Did you mean the #7 Show Car Glaze, or other particular product?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MrWaxer View Post
      I've been wanting to try Meguiars Mirror glaze,But is it redundant to use SwirlX and then use Mirror Glave over it??
      When you type Meguiar's Mirror Glaze do you mean M07 Show Car Glaze?

If so, its' a very different type of product compared to SwirlX so it would not be redundant, you might not see a big difference or a even a small difference because they both work so well.

What are you working on?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Mirror Glaze is the name of the Professional line of products....

Did you mean the #7 Show Car Glaze, or other particular product?
        Show car Glaze.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
          When you type Meguiar's Mirror Glaze do you mean M07 Show Car Glaze?

If so, its' a very different type of product compared to SwirlX so it would not be redundant, you might not see a big difference or a even a small difference because they both work so well.

What are you working on?

Yes Mo7 Show car glaze. My wifes 01 PT Cruiser and my 97 Jeep. Both have been waxed with NXT 2.0.

Comment

Yes Mo7 Show car glaze. My wifes 01 PT Cruiser and my 97 Jeep. Both have been waxed with NXT 2.0.
            Meguiar's states that applying a pure polish is an optional step, that is you don't have to do it, you can if you want. In some cases you might not see any improvement over the results you've already achieved with your other paint care products, thus the optional step recommendation.

Older single stage paints really take well to pure polishes because the paint actually absorbs some of the polishing oils which acts to bring out the full richness of color in the paint.

Since a clear layer of paint is on top of the color coat when working on a new car with a basecoat/clearcoat paint system, these polishing oils only affect the clear layer of paint on top.

Modern clear coat paints tend to be much harder than traditional single stage paints and this hardness in in part a result of the physical make-up of the paint itself in that it's a fairly solid matrix of resin and polishing oils don't readily absorb into it or at least to the degree they will absorb into older, single stage paints.

A brand new clear coat paint job is the most impermeable it will ever be because it's brand new and without defects. As the clear coat wears it will become more opened up or more permeable due to scratching and general deterioration; at this point it's usually time to clean the paint to remove the defects and restore a smooth, clear finish and for this step something with abrading power is necessary, not a non-abrasive pure polish.

Applying a pure polish to paint in excellent condition will tend to create gloss and clarity which is a great attribute, but our waxes and paint sealants do this so well also that some people will skip the application of a pure polish after the prep work is done and go straight to wax.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

So basicaly SwirlX then NXT and I will get the results I want

Comment

So basicaly SwirlX then NXT and I will get the results I want
                Yes.