• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wow! found great new supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow! found great new supplier

I needed some more supplies and product so had put together a list of the products I needed. I had always ordered from AutoGeek in the past because they were very helpful, friendly, and always had a discount or two to give me but after hearing about ADS and how pleased everyone on here was with that supplier figured I'd give them a try and worked up my order based on the ADS online pricing.
    Before placing my order with ADS though I found a local paint/body shop supply store (I guess Meguiar's calls them a PBE store) 10 minutes from me that carried the product I needed. I went to see them and he had 1/2 of what I needed in stock and the other product he had either in his warehouse or another one of his store locations. He had my entire complete order ready for me to pick up by the following afternoon (24 hours later) and best of all his pricing was 18% less than the ADS online price and because he was close and I picked it up no shipping expense!
    Saving almost 20% on the product cost PLUS no shipping is pretty significant!

Item by items his actual product costs were cost to the ADS pricing - a dollor here or 50 cents there different but I figured at least saving shipping was worth it but after he put my entire order into his computer he found he could run me "bulk pricing" discount and that's where the saving really came in.

I saved about $40 on the actual product costs compared to the ADS prices plus shipping which with all the weights of 1 gal containers would probably be at least $50-$75 so I saved easily almost $100 or more I figure. not bad!

This is what I got: (I hope this doesn't break any forum rules - giving supplier costs)
    all were 1 gal sizes except the #21 which was 64 oz size:

D155 Last Touch $14.31
    D120 Glass Cleaner $13.08
    D140 Wheel Brightener $14.73
    D151 Paint Reconditioning Cream $25.28
    D130 Body Solvent $18.83
    M135 UQD $23.04
    M21 Sealant $33.93
    Total = $143.20

Oh, and no tax either because I'm in Delaware!

Not too bad huh?
    Gotta love finding better prices on great quality products to make your day a good one.

Barry
    What am I, fly-paper for morons?

Re: wow! found great new supplier

Maximum shipping charge from Rick at ADS is $16.95. But it is a great thing to find a supplier close to you that can get you everything you need.

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

thats great!
      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
        Maximum shipping charge from Rick at ADS is $16.95. But it is a great thing to find a supplier close to you that can get you everything you need.

Nick
        I didn't know that. That's excellent if max shipping is only $16.95 since shipping heavy items like gallon (or even 5 gallon containers) can get real pricey real quickly.

Still, saving even $16.95 is better than nothing, plus the local guy keeps most of what I normally use in stock and especially now after this order he said if I gave him a lost of what I use he would make sure to keep stock in his location for when I needed it rather than me having to wait 24 hours for the order to be complete like this time.

I've heard very nice things about Rick at ADS and the service he provides but it's nice to have someone local you can get product from quickly without having to wait for ship times, pay any shipping, and on top of that get better product pricing.
        Not to mention it's nice to be able to support local businesses He also let me put up my business flyers there so who knows, maybe I'll pick up a customer or two out of it also.

I'm STILL going to give Rick at ADS a try though since this local guy doesn't really carry full line detailing supplies, just the Meguiar's product and a few odds and ends assorted other stuff. He is really just a paint/body shop supply store, not a detailing supply store.
        I want to try the bulk 100 MF towels and a few other things that ADS sells.

Comment

And for everyone that reads this into the future....

How to locate Meguiar's Professional and Detailer products in your hometown

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, it was the online dealer locator that I used to find this local guy

Comment

Glad you found a local guy to fulfill your needs. That is great.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');