• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• few questions

1. After the wash, is it better to use a QD before spray wax? What about before liquid wax applied with DA polisher?(wondering if the QD helps the process)

2. Fill in the blank... To get the best look John Doe would ONR wash, maybe a QD(depending on answer 1), then apply ______ with a DA polisher.

3. Fill in the blank... If a wash/wax(spray wax) is $35, then question 2 should cost ____?

Re: few questions

1. After the wash there should be no need to QD before spray wax since the car's surface should already be properly cleaned and ready for the spray wax. Same goes for applying liquid wax, just make sure to properly clean your surface before applying waxes.

2. If you are using ONR, then it should be the same instance as a car wash. Make sure to completely clean the surface while washing with ONR, there should be no need for QD. As for the wax to apply you can choose any Meguiar's Wax and it will look great. It is all personal preference, there is no "right" wax. My personal preference is NXT 2.0 topped with M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax.

3. It all depends on the area you live in. No one can give you a set price that it should be. You have to see what other detailers in your area are charging for that type of service.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');