• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Detailing-Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Detailing-Wax

Hello,
    I would like to get advice in this:
    1-Is the nxt Tech wax 2.0 can be considered as a sealent or its pure carnauba wax.
    2- If this not carnauba wax could you please advice me if I can use your product carnauba wax after nxt Texh wax 2.0-Whay do you think?
    3- my car color is platinum gray

Thanks
    Moheb

Re: Car Detailing-Wax

Originally posted by mohebmhanna View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to get advice in this:
    1-Is the nxt Tech wax 2.0 can be considered as a sealent or its pure carnauba wax.
    2- If this not carnauba wax could you please advice me if I can use your product carnauba wax after nxt Texh wax 2.0-Whay do you think?
    3- my car color is platinum gray

Thanks
    Moheb
    Welcome to MOL!

1. NXT Tech Wax 2.0 is purely synthetic, meaning that there are no natural ingredients in it. It is a sealant, however it is labeled a wax because its main marketing target is consumers (as opposed to professionals, although many pros use NXT 2.0 as well), and every consumer understands what a wax is. Not everybody understands what a sealant is.
    2. You may use DC3 Carnauba Wax after NXT 2.0 if you would like to, but I think you'll find you'll get more impressive and durable results if you apply two coats of NXT 2.0 instead and skip the Carnauba Wax. NXT 2.0 will blow your mind away!
    3. Nice color choice! If you properly prep the paint and apply NXT 2.0, the color will really pop!

Here are some links to get you going.

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Have fun!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

2. Yeah, 2 coats of Nxt 2.0 would be great. Dont want to cover up the new polymers, they are the best part.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Moheb, try two coats of NXT and see what you think. If you are not thrilled, then yes, you may top NXT with a carnauba wax. Some folks here on MOL, e.g., like to top NXT with M26, especially on dark colored cars. M26 is a carnauba-synthetic blend, and it gives a somewhat different look than NXT. Feel free to experiment. Have fun! Find out what you like.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks to all, sure I'll try your methods.

Have a great day.
          Moheb

Comment

According to the first link that you posted, to yield best shine or results you should:

clean
            prep - clay bar
            polish
            wax - nxt

Is this correct? Or can we remove the polish step?

It seems like the polish is for scratches and swirl markings, would this be needed for a brand new car?

Comment

Your step 1 refers to "clean." Do you mean washing the car or are you referring to the use of a paint cleaner?

Based on the 5-Step article, your process might look like this:

1) Wash
              2) Clay
              3) Clean (e.g., Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or SwirlX)
              4) Pure polish (optional step)
              5) NXT (two coats)

Instead of a dedicated paint, you might substitute one of Meguiar's cleaner waxes (e.g., ColorX or Cleaner Wax). The process might then look like:

1. Wash
              2. Clay
              3. ColorX/Cleaner Wax
              4. NXT

The second scheme simplifies things a bit and takes less time than the first.

Does that help, Professor?

Al
              Last edited by akimel; May 6, 2009, 07:05 PM.
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Professor View Post
                According to the first link that you posted, to yield best shine or results you should:

clean
                prep - clay bar
                polish
                wax - nxt

Is this correct? Or can we remove the polish step?
                Yes, that is correct. The correct steps are:

1. Wash
                2. Clean/Prep (use of clay bar and paint cleaner)
                3. Polish (use of cleaner polish or pure polish)
                4. Protect (wax or sealant)
                5. Maintain (use of UQD, UQW, Quik Detailer, Last Touch, etc.)

Meguiar's rule of thumb is that use of a polish is optional. You can take it or leave it. However, if you're going to take the time to properly clean and prep the paint, wouldn't you want to go that one extra step to make that paint look its finest? But yes, it's up to you whether or not you wish to use a polish.
                Shane
                1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                  Your step 1 refers to "clean." Do you mean washing the car or are you referring to the use of a paint cleaner?

Based on the 5-Step article, your process might look like this:

1) Wash
                  2) Clay
                  3) Clean (e.g., Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or SwirlX)
                  4) Pure polish (optional step)
                  5) NXT (two coats)

Instead of a dedicated paint, you might substitute one of Meguiar's cleaner waxes (e.g., ColorX or Cleaner Wax). The process might then look like:

1. Wash
                  2. Clay
                  3. ColorX
                  4. NXT

The second scheme simplifies things a bit and takes less time than the first.

Does that help, Professor?

Al
                  So ColorX would be recommended for a brand new car? How long till I can apply NXT after ColorX, immediately?

Comment

Cleaner Wax is milder than ColorX and perhaps might be a better choice for a brand new car. Perhaps even a better choice, perhaps, would be M20 Polymer Sealant, which is also a mild cleaner wax; but it is not as readily available.

I don't know if Meguiar's has a recommended wait time between the removal of Cleaner Wax/ColorX and the application of NXT. I would 15-30 minutes to allow evaporation of the solvents but that is just me. Others, I know, would apply the NXT immediately upon removal of the CleanerWax/ColorX.
                    Last edited by akimel; May 6, 2009, 07:18 PM.
                    --Al Kimel

Comment

Yes, ColorX is fine for a new car. Remember you dont need to work it in with loads of passion if there arent defects to remove.

And yes, any wax would want to sit 12-24 hours before applying the second coat for absolute best looks. But obviously that is tough for a lot of people, and 15 or 30 minutes is fine.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');