• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing exhaust tips, not sure what material they are.. Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polishing exhaust tips, not sure what material they are.. Help needed

Originally posted by akimel View Post
    My Honda exhaust tips are easily removed. Have you checked yours?

I take mine off every few months, drop them in the wash solution bucket for a couple of minutes, rinse them off and dry them, polish them, and then put them back on the car.
    Doesn't look like they are removable unfortunately. On my Nissan they are though. I'll see if I can find that hot rims stuff locally. Test on an out-of-the-way area first.
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
      On the inside...

M105 + Mother's Powerball (small) with a drill and prepare for the bling.
      Barely can get my hand between the top of it and the bumper cut out

Comment

You might just have to get some on a cloth, and then slide or strop (for lack of a better word) the cloth across the top of the tip.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Hellspawn View Post
          Barely can get my hand between the top of it and the bumper cut out
          On the inside of the pipe. People neglect the inner portion and only do the outer, but true beauty must be complete!
          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Stoops View Post
            We had the local S2000 club here for a Saturday Detailing Clinic and took some Hot Rims Mag & Aluminum Polish to the tips on a 100k+ miler car that had been a bit neglected. Working by hand in just a few minutes we got this:

I just picked this up earlier this evening at AZ and will be trying it out in the next few days. I wish they were removable.

Comment

I like M105 on exhaust tips then follow up with Duragloss 501

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');