• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question about paste wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about paste wax

i used nxt tech wax 2.0 and it was my first time using a paste wax. after it dried, it was sort of hard to wipe off and it left bits of it everywhere, which i had to dust off. however, the car turned out great!

now, did i put on too much? does it matter that the tin was open when i bought it? i'd assume no, since it applied on wet so i guess paste wax doesn't dry out like that?

Re: question about paste wax

Yeah, you probably used too much.

Also, having the surface prepped (clay, cleaned) helps the wax go on/off thinner and easier.

What do you mean by open when you bought it?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sounds like you let it dry too long if you had to "dust" it off.

Usually NXT will cure in a 5-15 minute period.

We recommend using The Swipe Test

Comment

Sounds like, in theory, paste will last longer than the liquid form, because it seems to harden more?

Comment

Last longer on the car you mean? Or in the tub/bottle?
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
            Sounds like, in theory, paste will last longer than the liquid form, because it seems to harden more?
            Meguiar's doesn't designate a longer lasting product between paste or liquid. They formulate the products to give as close to equal results as possible- choosing between paste and liquid is really about personal preference.

When waxing by hand I like paste waxes, and obviously I prefer liquid by machine.

Comment

On the car.

I'd imagine it doesn't last as long in the tub.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                Meguiar's doesn't designate a longer lasting product between paste or liquid. they formulate the products to give as close to equal results as possible- choosing between paste and liquid is really about personal preference.

When waxing by hand I like paste waxes, and obviously I prefer liquid by machine.
                That's what they say.... but I have my suspicions.

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
                  That's what they say.... but I have my suspicions.
                  Meguiar's has nothing to gain by hiding the superior performance of one or the other- they sell both versions (paste and liquid) with virtually every wax and sealant they have

BUT, if you have suspicions, put together a test with as equal of variables as possible and let us know what you find

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                    Yeah, you probably used too much.

Also, having the surface prepped (clay, cleaned) helps the wax go on/off thinner and easier.

What do you mean by open when you bought it?
                    the lid was open.
                    Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                    Sounds like you let it dry too long if you had to "dust" it off.

Usually NXT will cure in a 5-15 minute period.

We recommend using The Swipe Test
                    yes, i did let it dry for too long. i also found out that i should have done it panel by panel rather than the whole car then let it dry more. great info on the swipe test!!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');