• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

removing wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing wax

so ive noticed that when all the dried wax gets removed that it looks as if theres still streaks of the pattern that i applied the wax? am i doing something wrong. like you can see lines here and there. do they eventually go away after they cure? was just wondering cause i did a few dark cars this weekend and thats how they appeard. i was using nxt tech wax by hand. and also noticed it when i used gold class on the g110 with the black finishing pad. dont have any pics sorry
    - Markito -

Re: removing wax

Sounds like you didn't let it dry enough, or that you scratched the paint slightly when you were applying the wax or removing it.

Comment

Probably had not fully dried in those areas, whether applied too thick, or whatever.

Remember when you do the swipe test, you can usualy remove wax faster than applying it. So if you swipe the first area you waxed, you may work into areas that are still wet.

Usually either the second coat of wax takes care of it, or the next time you wash / QD the area.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I get similar occurances whenever I do a dark colored car. For me, I have found that by turning down the speed on the buffer to '1' and moving slower, it reduces/eliminates the issues.
        Don
        12/27/2015
        "Darth Camaro"
        2013 Camaro ... triple black
        323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

As Don said, making sure you are doing a good job removing the wax is also important.

Have to do a little search for Mikes Final Wipe Technique thread.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

yah cause it didnt do it all over the place.. but you could see em. maybe those were the area that i just put a new drop of wax to and didnt fully dry. i read on one of mikes thread on removing wax and said if i constantly wipe on it i could affect the polymers from curing and could just end up getting most of the wax back on the pad.. we'll see again... thanks guys
            - Markito -

Comment

Originally posted by Still Learnin View Post
              yah cause it didnt do it all over the place.. but you could see em. maybe those were the area that i just put a new drop of wax to and didnt fully dry. i read on one of mikes thread on removing wax and said if i constantly wipe on it i could affect the polymers from curing and could just end up getting most of the wax back on the pad.. we'll see again... thanks guys

Mike's technique is basically to wipe off a small portion at a time, taking little "bites" as you go and not trying to remove it all at once. Removing the wax is the exact opposite of applying a polish, where you use some muscle and pressure to work it in. Turn your cloth frequently to a clean spot, shake (snap) it out several times per panel, get a fresh cloth and if need be, mist a small amount of UQD on a clean MF and lightly wipe the smeared/blotchy panel.

These are suggestions for if the wax is dry, if it's because you tried to remove it too soon...wait longer THEN try the above
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"
              2013 Camaro ... triple black
              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');