• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would i fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how would i fix this?

well this is my sisters car and the products that i have already used are ultimate compound and scratch x 2.0 for the scratches. i have not yet done anything with the bird etching. as you can see some of the scratches has kind of gone away but i can still see it(picture with red circle). i guess this is the car i can try a hand at wetsanding and touch up paint on the really deep keyed marks. what im trying to get at is what could i do to make them look better and what products to use. tia

bird etching?

Re: how would i fix this?

Go ahead and try scratch x on the bird dropping first, and put some effort into it. If that doesn't work, then try going to your Ultimate compound. That may require a couple applications. As for those scratches, they look pretty deep into the clear and wet sanding isn't going to do anything to fix them. Use so touch up paint. I'd suggest looking at the Dr.Colorchip kit. (if the smaller ones aren't that deep try the same process as the bird poo, and don't wet sand unless you have a rotary which you are skilled at using to take the wet sand marks out)

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think any of that stuff will come out 100%.

Even the bird etching looks like it went well into the clear coat. You can hit it a few times with Ultimate Compound, and it will almost surely help..but short of a re-paint I doubt you can achieve perfection.

As for the key marks- those definitely need touch-up paint. You are looking at base coat and/or metal in some of those pictures. Although, some sections like like a few passes with a compound or polish could minimize to the point of being acceptable.

Like Andrew suggested, you may want to grab some touch-up paint and either the Dr. Colorchip kit, or some Meguiar's Unigrit 3,000 sandpaper.

Let us know if you need more help figuring out how to do the touch-up work, as there are several topics on the board dedicated to this subject.

Comment

yea, i kinda knew that i needed to touch the car up with some touchup paint, tried looking for it locally yesterday, but none of the stores i went to had the color. i went with 2 passes of scratchx and like 1 pass with ultimate compound.

when i touch it up do i need to touch it up with some sort of primer before i hit it with some touchup paint? where can i get some touchup paint that has the clear in it, tried looking at paintscratch but it seems its only the basecoat without the clear. i do have a rotary and i dont think my sister really cares if i mess up, but i will do a test area before anything big. thanks so far guys always fun learning something new.

Comment

For paint touch=up , check out the Dr. Color chip repair thread. Might be right up your alley. If you go with a local auto parts touch-up like dupli-color , purchase a tiny modelers brush instead of the applicator one that comes with the small bottle or tube.

Paul
          Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
          317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
            Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't think any of that stuff will come out 100%.
            ....unless you have experience with paint touch-ups, wetsanding, and either a Flex or rotary, I don't see a full correction on those defects.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');