• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hail Ding Marks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail Ding Marks

hey Guys,

Do you know if theres ANY possibly way other than re-painting the car to remove the ding marks caused by hail? My car caught a couple sitting outside during a quick hail storm.

Thanks guys

SG

Re: Hail Ding Marks

Moved out of the "How To Articles" forum, which is kind of for "How-To" articles, not questions.

Moved to Detailing 101 which is for questions.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

SuperGino,

Got caught in the hail this weekend, did you? I've NEVER seen hail that big in my life. Golf ball sized bad boys coming down like weapons.

I was in my Dad's silver Lexus when it started (my IS was in the garage, thank god) and we were at the corner of Kennedy and Sheppard. Luckily we turned into a little corner mall that had a parking garage. Pulled in and NO damage to the Lex.

You might want to look into Dr. Colorchip for repair. I bunch of guys here just ordered kits and you can ask them how their repair went.

Mike Phillips has often said you can make this type of repair work as simple or as complicated as you want (depending on your skill level).
      ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Might also check with some local PDR, Paintless Dent Repair businesses and see what they can offer.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Without question Paintless Dent Repair is the way to go when it comes to hail damage.

One of the things I hate about living in North Texas is the hail storms. Large hail is very common here, especially in the early spring/summer mouths. There was baseball size hail not that far from me back in late March. It's not that uncommon to hear reports of softball/grapefruit size hail somewhere in the region a few times a year.

Comment

I have heard that dry ice works on removing dents. Do a google search for dry ice dent removal. There are how to videos and instructions. Someone told me that the paintless dent removal people do this.

Comment

Paintless Dent Repair done by a talented tech is the way to go. The guys that are good know their limits and will not try to fix something that they can't. If it's bad enough you will be making a trip to the body shop. Dry ice is not an "old wives' tale" but it's close.

Tom

Comment

The key thing if you do PDR is that you want someone good at doing it. Ask to see some of his work and what techniques he uses etc.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');