• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT 2.0 or HiTech Yellow 26?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT 2.0 or HiTech Yellow 26?

I know NXT 2.0 Is a synthetic wax and HiTech Yellow is carnnuba which is better?

Re: NXT 2.0 or HiTech Yellow 26?

correct, NXT 2.0 is synthetic and M26 is a carnauba wax.

Its not really which is better in general, but what looks better in our eyes.

The carnauba will give a warmer glow and darkening effect while NXT 2.0 will add brilliant gloss and its own little darkening effect.

Cant go wrong with either product.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Iv'e been using NXT 2.0 and UQW. I just don't want a build. People tell me wax can build up?

Comment

MrWaxer, what do you mean when you say you do not "want a build"? What is your concern?

I do not know if this article will address any of your concerns, but it might be of interest: What's the deal with "Layering?"
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by MrWaxer View Post
          Iv'e been using NXT 2.0 and UQW. I just don't want a build. People tell me wax can build up?
          are your referring to wax build up?

if so, a simple clay or a paint cleaner or even a cleaner wax will remove whatever previous protectant was on the paint.
          Nick
          815-954-0773

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong. . . I dont really think wax would build up. . . since it will be gone with the weather around until theres no more protection. . . and that is why we alway wax again.

Dont know if theres people who wax daily until the wax would build up.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Well, I dont believe in wax build up but others may, so I am just stating that when in doubt, just clay or use a light paint cleaner and whatever wax was on the surface will be gone.

Over the weekend I detailed my truck and the roof was wearing 3 coats of NXT 2.0 but after I clayed and used #82 Swirl Free Polish the wax was gone. How do I know?

the sqeak test never lies.
              Nick
              815-954-0773

Comment

I can't see how wax can "build up", with weather and everyday use I would assume wax eventually wears off. I washed my Jeep last night and after I hit it with UQW. People have told me that I'm going to wax the paint off my truck!! lol lol

Comment

uqw is amazing stuff. Hopefully the 1gallon container will be put into production
                  2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                  2005 Honda CRF250R
                  2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Yeah wax won't build up from continuously waxing. The elements will wear it away and if they don't, you're next wax job is only going to bond as much wax as is necessary to fill the smaller worn areas (if that makes any sense to you since wax doesn't wear evenly)

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

^^^ Makes sense.

Both are great products so you can't go wrong with either. But to me, the color of the paint is the determining factor in what LSP i use.
                      Alex C.

Comment

Makes sense. I would think the hood and the roof wear the fastest!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');