• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two questions: clay/spray wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two questions: clay/spray wax

1. I was wondering if its okay to use soap/water mixture as a clay bar lubricant? since none of the stores around here carry detailer spray, only spray waxes

2. Is it possible to use a spray wax as kind of like an undercoating for your car, to prevent rust, and protect it from salt in the winter, or do the spray waxes not provide enough protection and is useless for this?

Re: Two questions: clay/spray wax

Originally posted by fe91 View Post

1. I was wondering if its okay to use soap/water mixture as a clay bar lubricant? since none of the stores around here carry detailer spray, only spray waxes
    Let's look in our Hot Topics forum since this is a hot topic that comes up often...

This should cover any questions you have,

Are there any inexpensive lubes to use while claying?

The Meguiar's answer is you should use a quick detailer like our Quik Detailer as a spray lubricant as it's formulated for this purpose. Some soaps and homebrews can dissolve the clay into a gooey mess, so be careful.

2. Is it possible to use a spray wax as kind of like an undercoating for your car, to prevent rust, and protect it from salt in the winter, or do the spray waxes not provide enough protection and is useless for this?
    If you operate under the philosophy of,

Something is better than nothing

Then a sprayed on thin layer of wax would be better than nothing at all but in the real world this is the wrong product for what you want to do, Ultimate Quik Wax and our other spray on waxes are fore enabling car owners to create a high gloss finish quick and easy, not for use as an undercoating to protect against chemical attack and rust prevention,

Like this,

Gloss and protection provided by Ultimate Quik Wax
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

1. none of the stores around here carry detailer spray
      thats odd, usually "Quik Detailer" is just about everywhere.
      are you sure you might have overlooked it as a spray wax?
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

What part of the U.S. do you live in? We can maybe try and help you locate a store that would carry it.
        Alex C.

Comment

positive

i've looked
          all of it is spray wax

well, except turtle wax ice spray detailer, but i think thats more of a spray wax, right?

Comment

positive

i've looked
            all of it is spray wax

well, except turtle wax ice spray detailer, but i think thats more of a spray wax, right?
            No, that's pretty close in comparison to Ultimate Quick Detailer, so you wouldn't want to use that. Check out this thread (post #3) for some spray detailers commonly found on the shelves of Wal-Mart, Target, and most auto parts stores: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32765
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

No, TW Ice detailer is actually a detailer spray and an excellent claying lube. I know this firsthand because I have three bottles of the stuff left over from Xmas promo kits that I used when I clayed my Civic.

Comment

You could always go to a PBE store and purchase M3416 which they should have on the shelf and while you're there, order a gallon of

D15501 Last Touch Spray Detailer

Dilute this 1:1 with water for a spray lube for claying or use it straight for a high gloss quick detailer.

Check out this thread to find these types of products,

How to locate Meguiar's Professional and Detailer products in your hometown

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Did you try your local Target, Walmart or K-Mart? They all carry it.

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

where are you located?
                    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                    2005 Honda CRF250R
                    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

i live in wisconsin
                      and yup, i tried wal mart, thats where i went
                      and we dont have a k-mart or target around here ( small town)
                      closet k-mart/target would be about an hour away, and id rather not travel that for just for a 5 dollar object

i might try the ice detailer then

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');