• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you reuse a clay bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you reuse a clay bar?

I used a bar for my van, got dirty but I was molding it back and forth so it looked clean.
    Can this bar be reused or it has to be thrown out?

New Civic Sedan 2009, Allabaster Silver Metalic
    Toyota Sienna 2004, Silver

Re: Can you reuse a clay bar?

if you fold it and see clean, then yes reuse it. put it in a ziplog bag.

Comment

Yes you can use it again as long as you have not dropped it on the ground. Once you drop it on the ground throw it away. I use one of those plastic soap dishes to store mine. It actually comes in the quik clay kit.

Andy
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

When you use clay just pull off a piece the size of a golf ball at one time, flatten it out like a little pancake and your set, that way if you drop it or when it becomes too contaminated you just pull off a new piece.

Comment

you should be able to get at least 3 vehicles (give or take) out of a clay bar before you delegate it to glass or wheels before you toss it out

any big pieces of dirt or whatnot, try and pick out before you knead it again
          2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
          2005 Honda CRF250R
          2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I think I placed it back in the plastic container and then in the box it came in.....will check it and hopefully it didn't get too dry...

New Civic Sedan 2009, Allabaster Silver Metalic
            Toyota Sienna 2004, Silver

Comment

Yeah, I like the baggy over using the box.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');