• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question with picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question with picture

Hi there, 2000 Honda Civic here that was washed, clayed, and waxed with Zymol cleaner wax 2 weeks ago (before I went crazy and started this detailing frenzy on here). It hasn't been washed again since. Here are a couple pictures of the roof in bright sun.

The close up one is a corp of the other. It's kind of hard to see, but it's more visible by the eye. There are a few white marks that kind of look like when a car's paint starts to oxidize, but they are only noticeable after I wax because the wax must fill them in and show white.

Any ideas as to how to fix this or prevent it from happening again? Also, any thoughts on getting rid of the swirls? The Zymol obviously didn't do it, so where might I go in the Meguiar line for something more aggressive. Thanks guys!

Re: Question with picture

I'd suggest using some Swirl X first then if that doesn't work try Scratch X 2.0

Take a look at this article on How to Remove Swirls By Hand

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Hopefully it isnt any clear coat failure.

Definately give SwirlX a try.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It's kind of hard to tell, since it's so small.

I would try Some SwirlX or ScratchX 2.0 too
        Matt

Comment

Thanks for the swirlx recommendations. I'm pretty sure it is in fact clear coat failure. I wouldn't be surprised really. It seems all Hondas get that eventually, especially since it is parked outside. Any recommendations on keeping it from getting worse? Basically just applying protective wax on a regular basis?

Comment

Polish and wax.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by deathspared View Post
              Thanks for the swirlx recommendations. I'm pretty sure it is in fact clear coat failure. I wouldn't be surprised really. It seems all Hondas get that eventually, especially since it is parked outside. Any recommendations on keeping it from getting worse? Basically just applying protective wax on a regular basis?
              correct my civic has the same problem on the roof. i have like a quarter size spot.
              03' Honda Civic EX - 89,xxx mi.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');