• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate compound is great! But I need stronger..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate compound is great! But I need stronger..

Guys I finally got a chance to use my ultimate compound I've had for 3 months...

I have a black car that I haven't had a chance to maintain so its gone down hill..
    Worst thing is water spots...
    Mainly on the hood, roof, and trunk.
    I washed, clayed and then using ultimate compound by orbital 5" sears buffer I went to town. It removed all of the swirl marks / light scratches.. I was even surprised the panel got slightly warm! With other compounds it hasn't done that.

The water marks in my car are heavy, it removed alot but left the halo's of them still. I tried by hand but just wasn't effective enough.

My friend just purchased a pc 7424 so I'm hoping I can borrow it.
    I might bight the bullet and get one myself, would this make it more effective?

I see ultimate compound is more aggressive than dacp, but would dacp stay aggressive longer / not break down as quick?

Theres actually hope for my car now

As far as swirls/ light scratches the UC was great!

Re: Ultimate compound is great! But I need stronger..

The PC will help get the job done better and faster. A random orbit buffer has limited uses in the "real" detailing world. It's basically like a big hand that you can't put a lot of pressure on (good for waxing). The PC on the other hand, is a completely different beast.

UC is more aggressive than M83, but UC doesn't "break down" like M83 does. That's the new technology in it.

I would try the UC with an 8006 pad on the PC and see what happens.

Comment

Sometimes water spots are so deep down in the paint that you can not completely remove them. Just remember you only have so much clear coat, and when you use a compound or a polish you are removing some of that in an effort to find the "bottom" of the defect.

Now, that said, it is still possible that you can safely remove these, but you may want to try some other methods like cleaner waxes or soaking it with Last Touch before you keep going with aggressive products.

As for the PC7424, you will be able to isolate and get more aggressive by hand than with that buffer for water spots. You may want to try stepping up to M105 compound by hand.

Comment

UC is *plenty* strong, depending how you use it. For example, with a PC/orange pad/speed 6/lots of pressure, it flat out *murders* defects. Follow up with a few light passes and you can move right on to a finishing polish. It's really great stuff. I wasn't thrilled with it at first, but now it's my go-to.
        -Will-

CDO ATW

Comment

Maybe u need M105 Ultra Compound? Cutting level at 12 and use cutting pad. It should be strong enough.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');