• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M105/M205 and single stage paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M105/M205 and single stage paint

Can I use M105/M205 combo on single stage paint? or M80/M83 is still the best for single stage paint.

I wanted to use this on a 85 dodge caravan, that is very oxidated, and no gloss at all.
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2002 GLS
    Hyundai Santa Fe 2008 Limited

Re: M105/M205 and single stage paint

Yes you can, it's made for "paint", single stage or cc/base

I would try a test spot with all 105/205/80 & 83
    See which one works to your liking
    All paint jobs are different and you ALLWAYS DO A TEST SPOT

Comment

Re: M105/M205 and single stage paint

Works great on single stage paint. In fact, on my wife's '86 Mustang, it finished up better than 151, 83, and 80. We 105'd with a rotary and a purple foamed wool pad to get the best glossy finish. It is extremely weird paint - mild products just haze the finish, but aggressive cut products like 105 and 95 finish up like glass.

The bottom line - you have to test to see what works best on every car.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');