• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flex 3403 OR 603

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex 3403 OR 603

Whats up guys, i have a serious question. my PC broke last week and my once side job has turned into a buisness, i have aquired weeks of appointments on diffrent vehicles and now have aquired a boat. The boat is a 38 foot ciggarette with minor scratches.

Now since my PC is down i was thinking about buying a flex due to high volume of cars and than later on just fix the pc for polishes and waxes etc.

Should i buy the full out rotary machine( 3403) or one of the other models.

Sorry for all the information, im just having a hard time finding an answer.

Re: Flex 3403 OR 603

If you're going to just get one tool, the the Flex XC3401 offers more correction power because it's a direct drive tool which offers both forced rotation and forced oscillation. The G100 and all the tools like the G110 use a clutch which provides safety but limits it's correction power.

Might be a good idea to try to find someone that has one that you can test out before buying one and make sure you like how it handles as it's a lot different than a normal PC type tool.

One thing for sure, by yourself, it's going to take a while to buff the scratches out of a 38' Cigarette boat. Personally, if the goal is to remove swirls and scratches I would first find out if the customer understands what that means as far as time goes, also make sure they're going to understand they have to take care of it after you're done or it will just get swirls and scratches all over again. Maybe offer to do a really good job with a one-step cleaner/wax. Not sure if you were planning on doing multiple steps to a boat this big.

Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher

Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action Polisher

FLEX L3403 VRG Rotary Buffer
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Flex 3403 OR 603

I WAS THINKING OF going with megs 49 on a polishing pad via flex (if I purchase it) followed by collinite. Correct me if that sounds wrong and amateur but like I said I'm just jumping into the marine world.

So your saying that I should just stay with a dual action but go flex?

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
      If you're going to just get one tool, the the Flex XC3401 offers more correction power because it's a direct drive tool which offers both forced rotation and forced oscillation. The G100 and all the tools like the G110 use a clutch which provides safety but limits it's correction power.

Might be a good idea to try to find someone that has one that you can test out before buying one and make sure you like how it handles as it's a lot different than a normal PC type tool.

One thing for sure, by yourself, it's going to take a while to buff the scratches out of a 38' Cigarette boat. Personally, if the goal is to remove swirls and scratches I would first find out if the customer understands what that means as far as time goes, also make sure they're going to understand they have to take care of it after you're done or it will just get swirls and scratches all over again. Maybe offer to do a really good job with a one-step cleaner/wax. Not sure if you were planning on doing multiple steps to a boat this big.

Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher

Flex XC3401 VRG Dual Action Polisher

FLEX L3403 VRG Rotary Buffer

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');