• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Makita just came in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita just came in

I just got my new Makita from amazon and W5000 w/ adapter, W4000, and a W7207 from ADS . I can't wait to get started. I am going to work on salvage panels to get the feel.

Re: Makita just came in

congrats!! a whole new world has just opened up to you

Comment

1st use of the Makita

I was planning on waiting until Saturday but I could not wait. I decided to work on the hood of my work truck. It is in terrible shape. I prepped the hood: washed with gold class and then clayed half the hood. I started with the double sided wool ( I know least aggressive 1st but what the heck). I attempted to prime the pad. Once I completed this I got started. 1st try I splattered alot of the product on the windshield (speed 3 1500 rpm). 2nd attempted I started at a lower speed then went up to 3, I was able to avoid splattering the product. I found the rotary very easy to work with, I'm just a natural, j/k. I will take some pics tomorrow. I have a couple of questions about priming and cleaning. I took a pic of the pad before and after. I wanted to know 1st off if I primed the pad correctly and 2nd of all how do I clean the wool. I bought a spur but it seemed to just turn the pad black.

This is the pad after, how do I get it clean? I am not sure if I used the spur correctly.

Thanks for looking, feedback would be much appreciated

Comment

Once you go rotary, its hard to go back!
        AeroCleanse, LLC
        Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
        www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Since I Got My Makita The Results Are Way Better Cant Worj Without It.

Comment

If the sun had not gone down I would still be working out the kinks

Comment

I have been searching the forums about cleaning wool. The main response is buying a pad washer. That is not be in the budget so would it be ok to throw the wool into the washing machine or should I wash them in the sink with dawn?

Comment

Before I bought a pad washer, I would wash them in the sink with a little APC at 10:1, then use the buffer to spin it dry.
                AeroCleanse, LLC
                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

How much pressure should one apply when using the rotary. When I tried it I basically used the weight of the rotary. The results in the sun were great but not perfect. Is there anyway to move this into the Rotary Section? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JSIN151 View Post
                    How much pressure should one apply when using the rotary. When I tried it I basically used the weight of the rotary. The results in the sun were great but not perfect. Is there anyway to move this into the Rotary Section? Thanks
                    I use moderate pressure to start, then change to the weight of the machine. You may need to make more passes.
                    AeroCleanse, LLC
                    www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');