• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application Process

Hey everyone,

I just got a PC for my b-day a few weeks ago along with some Meguiars goodies. I've use the NXT wax by hand and have been pleased with the results I've attained.

However, now that I have my PC I want to basically start from the ground up to detail my truck.

I attended one of the detail clinics that Mike hosts and learned a lot, but I'm still a little overwhelmed by the quantity of products out by Meguiars and am unsure as to which suits my needs.

I own a 2002 Ford F150 Harley Davidson. Dark Shadow Gray is the color. Basically a metallic gray with a pearl to it. I do have some small scratches in the paint, but it is pretty minimal. I've always been very careful with my handwashing and detailing sessions.

I generally use the Gold Class car wash, Quick Detailer and clay (when needed) and hand applied the NXT.

Along with my PC I got some Mirror Glaze.

What's my best course of action? I've got a free Saturday coming up here with a show on Sunday.

Thanks in advance!

Hi dermaestro,

If you like, I don't have a full class this weekend, feel free to join in.

Which Mirror Glaze product do you have?

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'm not really sure off-hand, I would have to go home and check. My wife bought the PC through the September deal here and searched the site for information of other items to buy.

Comment

Another quick question.

I applied the NXT a couple months ago. If I wanted to detail my truck from head to toe, start to finish...do I have to worry about the coat of wax that's on there?

Here's a picture from Cruisin' for a Cure at the OC Fairgrounds last month:

The reflection on my hood shows the nice finish I got when just applying NXT by hand.
        Attached Files

Comment

No doubt about it, NXT is an awesome wax all by itself, you can't believe the raves Meguiar's gets sent via letters, phone calls and e-mail from all around the world. In fact, according to NPD, Meguiar's new NXT Generation Tech Wax is the Number One selling liquid wax in America this summer!

Pretty cool huh?

Tell you what, find out which Meguiar's products your wife purchased for you and if you want, come on down to the clinic this Saturday, either first thing in the morning and I'll take a look at your finish, or you can attend the entire class, or come at lunch, or even around 3:00pm when it's winding down and I'll be happy to help you first hand science out a process.

Mike
          Last edited by Chris Nemlich; Nov 1, 2004, 01:58 PM.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I may just have to take you up on Saturday.

Comment

I would say............. if you have the opportunity............ you shoud DEFINITELY take Mike up on his offer!
              Boss_429

Comment

Thanks again Mike for letting me crash the VW detail day. You answered the questions I had and I placed an order for some of the items I needed.

Thanks to the VW club for letting me piggy-back your day.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');