• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chamois or Waffle weave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamois or Waffle weave?

I see that a lot of people on here favor the Waffle Weave over the Chamois.
    Is there any particular reason to this? Seems to me like the chamois picks up water better than the waffle weave. Just my opinoin though. I was wondering what others opinions were though.

Re: Chamois or Waffle weave?

Hi Iced-T, I posted a similair thread about this recently,so it's outhere somewhere.
    I've always used a chamois and never had any bother.I don't have a waffle weave,but i have tried a microfibre,which was fine but obviously too small.
    My chamois is very old and is a bit small,so i should really buy a new one which is bigger.I've never tried a synthetic chamois.
    Why people have changed over to the waffles over the years,I don't know?
    I'm trying to find out what is the best method for cleaning chamois aswell?

Comment

Use what works best for you, and wont swirl the surface.

I like the Water Magnets, and use about 3 for my car.

Others like to go over the car with a chamois, then do a final wipe with a Water Magnet.

And then there are the leaf blowers, water blades, etc...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use water magnet when I don't use DI water
        Chamois leave to much water behind.
        With DI water it's ok 'cus it drys clean and normal water has to many minerals in it to leave nothing behind.

Comment

I use combinatin leaf blower and Meguiars water magnets, I have 7 of them.
          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

I like to use the "absorber" then follow it up with a couple water magnets.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              Use what works best for you, and wont swirl the surface.

I like the Water Magnets, and use about 3 for my car.

Others like to go over the car with a chamois, then do a final wipe with a Water Magnet.

And then there are the leaf blowers, water blades, etc...
              That's me. I've done entire airplanes with 1 Meguiar's Super Suede Drying Chamois and 1 Meguiar's Waffle Weave Magnet. I use the same 2 towels to do every vehicle.

The Super Suede chamois rocks because it is ultra thin and easy to wring out...where as traditional chamois are tough to wring out and won't let go of the water.

Comment

Hi Mark,thanks for that one.I didn't know that the meg's chamois was lighter and easier to wring out.

Comment

I used to use several small micro-fibers by using one to wipe down most of the car and wring out while using another to completely dry. Now I use a huge micro-fiber I got a Pep Boys, its 40"x35" I believe and you can do most of your car with it if you wisk away most of the water with a waffle weave. The nap is really thick so you don't have to worry about swirls. It was only $9.
                  James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                  Calais Auto Detailing
                  CalaisDetails@aim.com
                  www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Yea, I picked up a cheapo Waffle weave from Wallies and I can see that it picks up more water than the synth shamois, but needs to be rung out more often. I want one of those Water Magnets!!!

Comment

I use waffle weave along with leaf blower.
                      Waffle weave can be washed when dirty over and over.
                      Very long lasting for the buck.

There are high end detailers that use water sprite and never have a problem with it. So it is what you prefer. If you have the right technique, I don't think you can go wrong.

Comment

I dont mind useing a waffle weave seems to Dry the car alot better plus no need to use product on outside windows no streaks!!
                        only part i dont like is trying to wring the dam thing out afterwards.
                        "Now that's a Job well done Mate"

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                          That's me. I've done entire airplanes with 1 Meguiar's Super Suede Drying Chamois and 1 Meguiar's Waffle Weave Magnet. I use the same 2 towels to do every vehicle.

The Super Suede chamois rocks because it is ultra thin and easy to wring out...where as traditional chamois are tough to wring out and won't let go of the water.
                          Hi Mark,I don't see the super suede chamois.Has it been discontinued? Is this the replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                            Hi Mark,I don't see the super suede chamois.Has it been discontinued? Is this the replacement?

Yes, I think that is the one.

Comment

Thanks Mark,I'll see if I can get one here.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');