• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice

My neighbor has a 2008 Lexus that he wants me to detail this week. It is silver in color and is in pretty good shape, just your normal swirls from auto car wash, but not really that bad. I am planning on:
    Wash = NXT wash
    Clay = Smooth clay kit
    Polish = D151 (if that doesn't do the job then go to M83, SwirlX, UC or M105)
    Finish with M205 if needed
    Wax = Gold Class or NXT 2.0

I will be working with G100 and I have the 6-1/2" pads & 2.0 pads w/both backing plates (old & new).

I have never worked on a Lexus before so does this process look ok & what can I expect out of the Lexus paint? Is it generally hard, soft or somewherer in between?
    Any input will be appreciated.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Re: I need advice

The process looks fine, although it seems like over kill to do 151 and 205. 151 is an all in one, meaning Polish and Wax. So I would use M83 or M105, then do 151 or 205, then top with a wax. Since Lexus is made by Toyota I think it is on the harder side, so M105 my be the way to go.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
      The process looks fine, although it seems like over kill to do 151 and 205. 151 is an all in one, meaning Polish and Wax. So I would use M83 or M105, then do 151 or 205, then top with a wax. Since Lexus is made by Toyota I think it is on the harder side, so M105 my be the way to go.
      Thanks Joel. I was hoping to not have to do 151 & 205. I am hoping 151 will take care of the swirls and then I can wax. I have never used 151 before and thought this would be a good chance to see haw it works.

Dave
      You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Just be sure to do your Test Spot first and make sure you're getting the results you want before going over the entire car.

Try to check your results in both sunlight and artificial light.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');