• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW Do I get my coupe to look like THIS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW Do I get my coupe to look like THIS!

Okay I attempted to post a photo of what I wanted my coupe to look like.. Lol, I know more info is needed on my experience with detailing so here goes:

I have already attempted to polish the paint using two steps: First with a medium abrassive Polish followed by a Finishing Polish to produce clarity.

Equipment used is Porter Cable 7424 and two white Lake Country pads..

The paint seems to be almost completely scratch and swirl free now. However I want to get the deep Wet look. I have a Black Infiniti thats a year old I am not sure if I have a light Haze where I need to again use a finishing polish maybe you guys can recommend a meguiars product instead of what I am currently using (Poor Boys ssr 2.5 and Pro Polish) or if I need a pure polish which I already attempted or just a glaze.

I will again attempt to attach an image.

Re: HOW Do I get my coupe to look like THIS!

Any pics of your coupe's current condition??
    Alex C.

Comment

Re: How to Get Paint to have that Deep Wet Look

Try to get a bottle of either M205 or SwirlX, these are both light cleaner/polishes.

M205 is the less aggressive of the two, it is in our Professional line and the smallest container is a quart. It can be used by rotary buffer, dual action polisher, orbital buffer and by hand.

SwirlX is more aggressive than M205 but still in comparison to other products a light cleaner/polish. It is in our Consumer Line and comes in a 16 ounce bottle. It can be used with a dual action polisher, orbital buffer and by hand.

Either one of these should create a very clear finish when applied using a soft foam polishing or finishing pad on a dual action polisher on the 5.0 setting.

Do a Test Spot and use some painter's tape to tape off a section and then buff only on one side of the tape. Wipe off the residue and then inspect, the tape creates a very distinctive line between the two sides and will show you very accurately if you're process is improving the finish or staying the same, and/or sometimes making it worse. So test first.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: HOW Do I get my coupe to look like THIS!

lots of #7...j/k, it wouldn't hurt though!
        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');