• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car wash wax build up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car wash wax build up

Need help. Going to wax my friend's SUV tomorrow. He has car wash wax (yellow) build-up that has turned his white paint yellow tinged on his newer Honda Pilot. What is the best way to remove it? Or is there a cleaner/ wax that will do the job? I have done detail in the past, but never this.Thanks.

Re: Car wash wax build up

Yes, any of our clean/waxes will work. If the Pilot hasn't been waxed in a few years go with ColorX. You can find this at any auto parts store. Be careful not to get it on any of the black rubber and plastic trim on the Pilot as cleaner/waxes tend to stain this types of materials.

Also, if the paint hasn't been clayed in a while you might want to feel it to check if it has above surface bonded contaminants and if discovered then use detailing clay after washing and before using the ColorX.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Is that what that is? Wax build-up from car washes? I've seen some yellow-like discoloration on several white Hondas at the dealership but never knew what that was from. I've found that just claying and using a mild paint cleaner will remove it with no problems.
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. Great help. --Hoby

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');