• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct lighting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct lighting.

I just spend my fair share of cash @ ADS. Im moving into a bigger house with a 2 car garage and want to properly fir it with lights for detailing, I have seen lights on wheels, different types, the handheld. What combo works best for you in your garage and mobile.
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Re: Correct lighting.

Gotta have the brinkmann if doing correction, for the price you can't beat it!

As far as in the garage itself...as many flourscent lights that you can put up, now if you want some killer lighting and don't mind spending the cheeze..talk to TSC17 about the lights he has in his garage...they are NICE!!!
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

My old man has a metal halide lamp hung in the garage that's crazy bright. When i'm in his garage working on whatever i always use it. Verrry bright.
      Alex C.

Comment

I have struggled with this question myself. Can't beat halogen for lots of bright cheap light..The big downer is all the heat the put out. You can roast under these things..not to mention drying of product too fast.

I'd like to find some portable flourescent work lights on a tripod stand.

I've seen them on line at Harbor Freight and the big orange box...But couldn't find them in the local stores..and hesitate to buy on line if they 'are not good' they are harder to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
          I'd like to find some portable flourescent work lights on a tripod stand.
          That would work wonders, something to be able to move around the car. I feel you on ordering something for a good price online, i think i may just make my own because a twin setup runs @ least 150 yet the lights are only 30ish. And i thought i saw somewhere in the rules we can't have BEAVER FANS on MOL? Maybe im mistaken, cough GO DAWGS cough.
          "

Comment

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
            That would work wonders, something to be able to move around the car. I feel you on ordering something for a good price online, i think i may just make my own because a twin setup runs @ least 150 yet the lights are only 30ish. And i thought i saw somewhere in the rules we can't have BEAVER FANS on MOL? Maybe im mistaken, cough GO DAWGS cough.

I see Joe Montana's kid is going to be a 'pup..

Comment

Metal halide lighting is the best of the best. But the price is pretty high.
              Sodium lighting (yellow lights in parking lots) actually works exceptionally well at spotting swirls and water spots. (Try it next time you are in a parking lot at night...)

But for a reasonable budget just go with fluorescent lighting, and lots of it. Having a stand or two of halogen for checking swirls is cost effective, and mobile.

Comment

I have lost all hope in ANY team Washington produces. My basketball team leaves, no one else is good, hopefuly this will give us some hope
                "

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                  Metal halide lighting is the best of the best. But the price is pretty high.
                  Sodium lighting (yellow lights in parking lots) actually works exceptionally well at spotting swirls and water spots. (Try it next time you are in a parking lot at night...)

But for a reasonable budget just go with fluorescent lighting, and lots of it. Having a stand or two of halogen for checking swirls is cost effective, and mobile.
                  Hi Mark,I had various types of metal halide lighting for aquariums in the past. The light output and color temp is the nearest to natural sunlight. As you said the only downside is the cost of replacement bulbs and they're heavy on the electricity aswell. But they are phenomenal.

If there is any one out there that is into detailing extremity and cost is not an issue,mix the metal halide lamp/s with 03 actinic blue flourescent tubes.This compensates for the blue end of the spectrum,which metal halide can't reproduce in strong quantities. Mix those two together and you'll have lighting which is nearest to natural sunlight.

Comment

Actually the ballasts for MH bulbs is what makes it expensive lighting. The bulbs are fairly inexpensive and can be bought at a local tool store. Just gotta make that initial purchase of the ballast.
                    Alex C.

Comment

Originally posted by Black150 View Post
                      Actually the ballasts for MH bulbs is what makes it expensive lighting. The bulbs are fairly inexpensive and can be bought at a local tool store. Just gotta make that initial purchase of the ballast.
                      Yes that is correct.But For me the bulbs were really expensive aswell because it was for an aquarium,but yes there are cheaper alternatives.The 03 actinics are just about normal price.The 03's are what give it the extra Kick. If I had a lock-up,i'd probably go that way.

Comment

anyone got some good pics of how to set up the lightings??? :]
                        in need of some good reference..
                        Ganesa,
                        Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');